boost ??????

digitdiesel

the problem I've got is that according to my outlook moniter the turbo wo'nt get to more then 15 lbs of boost. this all started after I installed the 2 piece manifold. don't know if I done some thing to the fins or not. The truck starts and runs fine 'til get into the throttle runs good but its like the turbo stops spooling at 15 to 18 lbs truck still acellerates though . Right now I have the X-power and the MP-8 on the truck right now. Didn't think that the X-power and mp-8 could drain the rail but I thought that since the trucks are all electronic if there was no fuel then you don't get the boost. If I'm completely wrong then tell me I'm only a rookie.

Im guessing you meant exhaust manafold? If so you could have a boost leak. Check your hose clamps on the charge air plumbing.

The mp-8 is the problem.Its boost fooling and causing the outlook to read incorrectly.Disconnect it and go for a drive.I bet it will read accurate.Mine did the same thing when I used to run the Outlook.Never could read over 19psi.

thanks homewrecker I 'll give that a try since my new isspro gauges got here today. Clutch is on the way to

If it's driving fine, its probably just the boost fooling from the MP8. I had the same problem on my attitude monitor when I stacked it with a Quad X2 w/fuel only and boost fooling. It would read no more than 25Lbs boost.

Good catch fellas, welcome goose. :Cheer:

I have little experience with the outlook and assumed incorrectly that it was running an independent map/boost sensor.

Let us know digit.

removed the mp-8 and aleast now it will get up to 18 lbs easy also wondering if it is possible if the outlook itself is misreading or showing a false reading

My dads truck only reads up to around 25 or so psi in his outlook but my guages show mine at 35 psi before it blows off. That leads me to another question...i have the smarty on level 9 does it have a boost fooler? I thought I remembered that bob said it had a boost fooler? And Im about to buy one of my buddies mp-8 and how much boost fool does it have? Would I need to get the quadzilla boost fooler?