boost

01dodgediesel

i have a 01 with a hx 35 and a boost elbow. i had a set of 1oohp sticks in with a edge comp and could not make more then 32 psi of boost. i just put 160hp sticks in with the same set up and still cant make more then 32 psi of boost.
an help would be great
thank

How tight is the boost elbow?

Honestly, there isn't really a reason to push that turbo much beyond 32-35 psi.. Lots of folks do it, but you are way beyond the efficiency range of a hx35 when you get up past those boost numbers.

If you think the elbow isn't working right, throw a set of juice grips (vice grip pliers) on the hose. That will tell you if the elbow is working.

If that doesn't change anything, you might start looking for boost leaks.

i did the vicegrips and the boost was the same. my truck just feels like it falls on its self on the top end. around like 65 or 75

no codes and truck has 103000 on it and te pump has been remaned justont know when. i am working on getting a fuel gauge in 2maro.

the mileage is about the time that lift pumps fail

Very good, your findings will be valuable and we'll see how the intank performs with your mods.
When I was running 100HP sticks with my Comp & stock turbo w/boost elbow, I regularly saw 37 psi boost.
I was getting 10psi lift pump fuel pressure at WOT.

Very good, your findings will be valuable and we'll see how the intank performs with your mods.
When I was running 100HP sticks with my Comp & stock turbo w/boost elbow, I regularly saw 37 psi boost.
I was getting 10psi lift pump fuel pressure at WOT.

I was making 48psi out of my hy-35 nothing done to the wastegate, with just an adrenaline, stock sticks..:doh:

i am going with a airdog real soon so if fuel is the problem that should fix it.
i am not sure if a bd rad will help me my problem is on the top end

i had a hy on my truck and hated it

I can get 35psi on a good day now that my boots stay on... They are still stock:doh:

Can when its gotta get you from A to B the next day. Maybe when my OTHER vehicle is a little more dependable I can get a little crazy.