Boost...

AKDuramax

Rice-Burner Burner
I don't know if it's a duramax thing, or something's just wrong, but when I'm cruising at 65-70mph, my boost is maybe 2-5psi, but as soon as i get on it, jumps to 25-30psi. Thought I might have had a leak, but checked all of the connections and piping, pressure tested the intercooler. Good to go. Does this sound low for cruising at that speed? Mods in my signiature.

Thanks,
Kev

Why would you want more boost when cruising? You won't get as good mileage if your running alot of boost cruising. If there was a leak you wouldn't get up to 25-30 quick

sounds pretty normal, when cruising the engine is not working as hard so there are less exhuast gasses to spin the turbine wheel, when you roll into it there is more so the turbo spools up.

Boost is relative to engine load, so if you are running under low engine loads boost will also be low. I average from 1.5-3 at a 70 MPH cruise in the BURB, but will hold 26-27 when I get on it.

That's what I was thinking. This is my first duramax. Just used to my cummins i guess, it runs 5-10 at the same speeds. Thanks again.