Boosting issues...

Oaborbag

It's just a 6 cylinder
So not sure how long it's been going on as I haven't really driven my truck hard lately, but tonight I realized that I couldn't spool past 35-40 psi. It seems like it wants to spool more, like almost missing. It was dark, but it seemed like I was getting fuel as I saw smoke behind me, but I just can't get boost. What should I check? Boost leak? dirty air filter? Random turbo issue?

Fuel pressure seemed normal, it was staying around 15-17psi, so I dont' think it's a weak VP, but I could be wrong...

After thinking it over, would adjusting the apps be a logical place to start? I remember before it would occasionally cut out but still boost hard then softer, maybe now it's just much worse and won't boost hard.

APPS would be electrical. I kinda doubt it would be that and more on the mechanical side. I could be wrong though... Kinda weird, never herd of that before.

If it's not the apps then not sure what it is, I went through a run down of all connections from the turbo to engine and they all seemed normal, and if my hot wire from the programmer to the VP was loose I wouldn't have the smoke or that much boost so I don't think it's that either. I need to adjust the apps anyway, guess now's a good time to do it.

I would say yea being you had that problem before. Just puzzles me cause I have never herd of this before... Waiting for others to chime in.

Yeah I've never really heard about it either, but now that I think about it maybe I'm not getting all the fuel I thought I was, some smoke doesn't mean I'm getting everything since my truck is pretty smokey with these injectors. What makes me think this is when I was doing my test run my egt never got over 1200* and it normally will go closer to 1500+ and I didn't have as much air to cool it down being at only 35-40psi

maybe the edge box crapped out, low temps mean its probably not a leak.