Bought a truck, 167 miles later it spun a bearing.

DeepDish

Bought this truck..

OH: 2008 3500 srw dodge loaded - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum

On my way home, in the pouring rain, in traffic on 75N about 5PM I started to lose oil pressure. This was 167 miles and 2.5 hours into owning the truck. I was in the far left lane, tried to merge over to pull over to saftey and the truck broke down. Waiting on the final diagnosis but it looks like it spun a bearing.

Anyone have any deals on 6.7L short blocks?

Sorry to hear about the engine. Have you looked into who built the engine and whether or not it has a warranty? The post stated it had 600 miles on the engine since the build.

Could get interesting. His add says he has all the receipts for the work.

My questions are. Have you talked to the seller yet? If not, why post ?

Have you tried contacting the seller, or are you waiting for the final diagnostic? Sorry to hear about your crappy luck man. Good Luck!

I've talked to the seller and he has offered no compensation. No warranty either.

Isn't there a 3 day implied warranty on items in some states?

Wow.. That is pretty ridiculous. Hope it works out for you. What was his excuse for not helping you out at all?

Bought this truck..

OH: 2008 3500 srw dodge loaded - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum

On my way home, in the pouring rain, in traffic on 75N about 5PM I started to lose oil pressure. This was 167 miles and 2.5 hours into owning the truck. I was in the far left lane, tried to merge over to pull over to saftey and the truck broke down. Waiting on the final diagnosis but it looks like it spun a bearing.

Anyone have any deals on 6.7L short blocks?

Motor
Non emition pistons Maybe
Forged steel crank Stock
Crank shaft is keyed Stock
Big stick stage 3 cam ( it's big)
Cams keyed Stock

Things you should know next time you buy a truck.

He's 'The Snake' all right. I hope he at least meets you half way on getting it fixed.

I know you would like him to honor the entire repair of refund your money but if I was in your shoes I would ask him politely to pay half of the bill to get it in working order again. Since it may be your fault or it may be his fault. You can't really blame anyone here. Although it looks easy to point fingers at the seller, it happened while in your poccesion and after you bought it.

I hope he at least honers that

But anyways. LRieff has a 6.7 block and crank for sale.

with the oil pressure good for the amount of time before it went to bad, i would say the seller probably couldn't have known there was a problem, the engine may have warrenty from the builder, did you get all the receipts from the seller

Last edited:
If I sold the truck to you I'd feel bad but when I sell stuff its, as is where is... But Id help in anyway I could to talk to the builder and get him to fix his phuck up. It coulda happened to him as easily as it happened to you. So insted of dropping the bomb on him saying he owes you money back, talk to him and work it out with the engine builder.

Good luck man. That is a shame. That's the reason I will never buy something that has already been modified.

Any good builder should stand behind his work. I build engines on the side and had one fail, I repaired it and ate all cost because it was something I missed. Everyone has a mistake or fails to completely find everything in a demolished engine but you have to back it up.

Not entirely sure the seller is on the hook to help in any way, coulda happened to him just as likely as you. I'm sure it was sold as-is, no warranty implied.

The engine builder would be the one to talk to.