Bouncing

bigkev12valve

What have you guys done to stop bouncing in a third gen dodge? I'm around 1200 horse with factory 3.73 stuff right now,once club I can have solid rear other has to be an inch of travel can't block the front end. I'm adding a locker up front and gear change this year hoping the locker helps

Can you hang weight? Try strapping front end down as much as possible if you cant hang weight

One class I can the other I can't and the strapping down didn't ever seem to work but I believe rules say also can't do that. I'd have to look again tho. Hoping gear change and front locker help but does hanging weight make that huge of a difference? I know it's gonna help jus didn't know how much

You could look into some custom valved shocks with very aggressive low speed damping, and rigid mounts. It'd be a backwards way of basically strapping the front down.

1200 hp is a ton of HP to try to get to hook up with no hanging weight. Have you considered turning your engine down? Also try thinking about a better hitch setup, gearing, solid suspension, etc

If that doesnt work you should air your tires all the way up to like 60 and just start taking a little bit more out every pass until you find the sweet spot. If you air down too much you will have a basketball effect.

Whats your engine and trans setup? turbo? auto or std?

Is it bouncing in the front or rear? What style hitch does it have and height of hitch? Stock height? Or some gayass lift? Are the factory rubber bump stops still in place or did you build a solid stop with a 1” gap? Did you clamp the leaf pack? What ends are on your traction bars? Are the Control arm bushings worn out? Is the steering worn out? What stall converter? Tire size? Rpms being ran? If it’s trying to hook up in to fast of a gear.... and not blow the tires off.... it goes on and on.

What have you guys done to stop bouncing in a third gen dodge? I'm around 1200 horse with factory 3.73 stuff right now,once club I can have solid rear other has to be an inch of travel can't block the front end. I'm adding a locker up front and gear change this year hoping the locker helps

At 1200 hp u should be able to blow ur tires loose and never hop
What’s ur setup at for 1200hp?

At 1200 hp u should be able to blow ur tires loose and never hop
What’s ur setup at for 1200hp?

Judging by the screen name and geographical location it had basic compounds and adequate fuel, fp trans n dyno tuning.....

Sorry for low info. Truck has 250 overs had a 369/483. I'm currently getting ready to put a 72/91 on it. And I have heavy traction bars I made with ballistic parts clamped leaf springs I run about 20 psi in front 70 in back. From videos it looks like it starts bouncing from the front end. I am also going to be putting 9 way adj. Ranchos on before the season and it's stock height truck

Also has a built 48re in from my buddy at his shop. it's Dyno tuned from lavon at firepunk with hp tuner. And I run 4 lo with tow/haul which is now od off from lavon. It does blow the tires off but starts bouncing. I only got one good run where it didn't bounce and I broke my 3rd rear axle shaft in 4 pulls and that was only cuz I forgot to lock the converter on one down in ill. And it still bounced real bad outta the hole. Leaving around 25/30 psi because it pushes through the brakes

Sorry one more... I have dhd stops set for 1 inch in one club and the other club just allowed us solid suspension for this year and hanging weight so gonna do both of those. the hitch height is standard 26 inch and it's a high and tight Reece style hitch we built after the big Chevy hitch designs

Start with the gear changes like u mentioned
4.56 with a 35” tire work well

Also what gear are u coming out in?
It can start bouncing as it shifts
Sounds like u have enough motor to come out in direct and lock it up

Thanks I know alot of variables and I'm changing alot at once but the main things minus the weight hanging we're gear change front locker and 35s. Was hoping on positive feedback on that to start with as far as making a difference. Problem is it's a street truck that I pull with all summer and one class is an outlaw/street class the other is switching this year to an all out prostreet class they call it which is basically straight pulling trucks.that's why I can hang weight and run solid stops in back

It's coming out in 1 it's just shifting till third and I lock the converter shorty after I leave the line. Just afraid with all the low end boost looking it off the line might hurt it if it's too low in the rpms but could be a non issue I suppose

If fmvb you can come out in 2nd or even 3rd if you do a gear swap. Makes the pass smoother. Been coming out in 3rd for 2 seasons

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Yamy buddy has been running forever in his 05 he did it for pulling. But I'm not going to switch over. I don't think it's gonna do much for my bouncing. But ya definitely wouldn't hurt me. I jus enjoy not having to shift on the street as well ha

Do the BD tapshifter or Firepunk anteater pro
Auto or manual control
U can start in any gear

Back