Brad Penn Oil

BSwope

I need help!!
Been looking at it and just wanted to know if anyone is running it and how they like it? Ive been running the John Deere Plus 50 but they switched to the CJ-4 blend and looking for something with higher zinc levels.

This is the stuff im looking at running......
Penn Grade 1 High Performance Oil

Thoughts, comments.....
Thanks guys,
Buddy

Find out what rating it is...if it's CJ4 formulated it's for the new emissions engines, you want CH4/CI4 rated oil. New oils are CH4/CI4/CJ4 and the sulfur content is very low, just like ULSD it has less lubricating properties.

The 20-50w has high zinc levels.

Thought about switching myself,I have been running Valvoline premium blue.

I also have a local dealer for it.

heard good things about it but no personal experience with it thow

I run the 20w50 its good stuff.
I get about 5-7 hooks out of it. I change when the "green" color in the oil is gone.

I wouldn't use it. The TBN is too low. I would go with a more readily available oil from a local distributor like 76 Guardal QLT CI-4+ or Fina Cappa DHD CI-4+. Both have a TBN of 12+
Billy

I have some Brad Penn 20w-50 in the race truck right now. I haven't have much time to mess with it lately work has been keeping us very busy. I hope its as good as people say its kinda pricey $$$

I run it since the rebuild and love it... Josh @ Woodruff has seen very good oil analysis results running it it the engines he builds, including the OhioCats trucks....

I run grade 1 10w30 in my DD...

Lavon

An oil with a TBN of 10 or higher is good. Its amazing what is in store for the newer engines coming down the pipe chain. We ran tests on engines with oil pumps at 50% and oil squrters necked down and 5w30 in durability cells. The engines do just fine and hp is increased some. Im thinking of 5w30 for my own now...

^^^ I see other folks are catching on...

We use a racing oil blended for us that also works just fine in DD & heavy-hauler applications.

Running 20 50 Brad Penn in the race truck. It takes 5 times as long to get diluted by fuel.

So guys would the 20w50 be a good choice for a daily driver? When I tow its alway pretty heavy and have alot of steep grades to tackle......

So guys would the 20w50 be a good choice for a daily driver? When I tow its alway pretty heavy and have alot of steep grades to tackle......
No. Competition-only. Requires warm up.

not tryin to high jack but the john deere oil is still good choice for daily driver or not? i run it in mine and haven't seen any problems, so i'm just curious

-jon

Back