Brake Upgrade

I removed it when swapping in the disc brake axle. I've never had a problem, so I really think new rotors and good pads will be sufficient. I should have all the stuff, with braided hoses, so I'll test this weekend.

I've considered it, but that's about as far as I've gotten. I've pulled two 1.7X 60 foots with the current mods. I really don't care to launch any harder than that, but I want to have consistent 1.7's. if that takes a driveline brake, then I might go that route.

Imo, with a driveline brake, you allow more shock to the axles than you would with wheel brakes, though i think drums are better at holding rear brakes due to more area,albeit less pressure....
More to think about

Grand Regal owners were known for doing a drum brake swap so they could spool up at the line. Drum brakes just have more surface area and are harder to break free, not the same as stopping.

I was looking at hawks website..
They have high torque pads for your truck..
Doing a decent burnout on the brakes should warm them up enough to hood good at the line.. Just a pad change away..

Got my braided lines and QA1's installed. Front brake lines are a little long, but they work great.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379432387.849214.jpg

Rear installed- made a little bracket to take the place of the one that came off with the rubber line.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379432479.074524.jpg

Also shimmed the axle to help with pinion angle. This is a 4* to start with. I want to put the GoPro under there to watch it under load. It may need more.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379432611.887801.jpg

An finally moved the passenger rear shock behind the axle.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379432655.798320.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379432670.939619.jpg