Break away switch

dieselgas-03

Equipment repair tech
need to wire in a break away switch it will be in a 2003 f 350 with a 6.0 but looking to see if any one has done this and maybe what wire you wenty to for shut donw trying to make my life a little easier and next is i want to go to a quiloteen shut donw at some point is any onw running one a a street driven truck if so any way i could get a pick of how its done and where you got the parts from thanks for all help

Electronic Kill Switch With Breakaway Box
Breakaway Box
Napa Part # - UP 89102
Automotive Relay
Napa Part # - MPE AR272SB
Automotive Relay Base
Napa Part # - TEM 207648
85 - Connect straight to the battery.
86 - Connects to a wire on the Breakaway Box, The other wire on the Breakaway Box connects to ground.
30 - Connects to the wire to be killed on the power feed side. (FROM FUSE BLOCK)
87a - Connects to the wire to be killed on the load side. (ECM POWER/IGNITION)
87 – Connects to one wire of the light in cab. Other wire from the light to ground.

The relay is not energized so therefore the fuse link gets power through the relay’s normally closed contacts, 30 & 87a on a standard relay. When the breakaway plug is pulled out it grounds the relay’s coil thus energizing it so it switches the power from 87a to 87 which illuminates the light in the cab letting the driver know that the kill switch is engaged

Attachments

• rsz_kill_switch_2.jpg
    rsz_kill_switch_2.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 0
awesome thank you for the help i ended up pretty close to that went to the injecto control modual got it to work that way i thikn i ran my wires a little different for power and so on i used a trailer breakaway so i had to have the power kill the truck but i got it all working once again thank you

not a problem. only reason for using a ground to kill the truck is that the trucks operate on very low vlotages and amprages. running a key power wire to the rear of the truck can cause them to do funny things and a pain to troubleshoot if it acts up. if it works tho i would say your good.

You could have called me, I told Spencer how to do it also, So how did you do Ray ??