Break in

TwiztedMetal

cummins crusaider
How do these new engines like to be broken in? working hard or being driven gently? i know the older engines like the hell to be worked out of them to be broken in really well and to get good mileage?

Also, what kind of mileage are you guys getting with a 4x4 2500 auto?

Dom

Aside from towing huge loads in the first 500 miles (don't quote me on the distance) I think the drive it like it is stolen attitude still applies.

i have always ran them very easy with no loads for the first 1k miles then easy with towing for the next 1k but remember to give here some wot runs now and again, but that is me
robert

i generally drive with my foot into it, but on the occasion im not screwing off i wanna get better mileage...i know the 12 valves and 24s liked to be worked hard on break in, so i figured id ask the guys who know stuff, and not a dummie like me ;)

Dom

Work the heck out of it, helps the rings to seat in good. I've always been told to drive it normal, be it foot thru the floorboard or put-puttin around. I run the heck out of anything I own, so far had good luck doing so.

Tow heavy (not hot) for the first 500mi to help with the ring seating. After that drive it like it cheated on you.

brandon.