Breathers?

9812VCTD

Numbers
I've noticed some guys are running them some not. I know the principal behind them but what are the advantages to running them.....or not? Noticed some people run one or two or some one in each valve cover. What's everyone's opinions on this.

Justin

you guys ever see the ones off a case application (i think its case) where it occupies 2 valve cover spots and has a built in vent? looks cool!

i was bored one day and cut 4 valve covers with little chrome breathers in mine
it relieved some of the blow by oil spots in the driveway i noticed

Yea its been known to blow oil out of mine .... to do it over again ..... I dont know as I would do it ....

I assume this isn't worth doing unless your making pretty good horsepower? The few I've saw done looked like they had oil around them like you mentioned twisted shifter. So I probably shouldn't worry about doing this to my motor?

Justin

Like this one?? It kicks ass. In 2 years, the hose has yet to get damp with oil.

Attachments

• twins1.jpg
    twins1.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 320
Wow that is quite a breather I'm sure that would keep the crankcase happy!

Justin

Jff24Gordn said:
Like this one?? It kicks ass. In 2 years, the hose has yet to get damp with oil.

Got mine on there too Wayne!

I'll post the part numbers when I look them up again...They're Cummins numbers!

Chris

Case application. Any late model with a 4 or 6 cylinder B motor. Its neded for the current emission standards.

Also used on AGCO RT100-120-135-150 tractors...2005 Serial number and prior!

I'm looking for my list of part numbers!
Chris

So if one uses this Case/AGCO dual valve cover vent, can you ditch the hose on the side cover and plug it?

Breathers

Jff24Gordn said:

Have you thought of marketing that cover?????:bow:

I would buy one-------:rockwoot:

WAYNES WORLD

oil-burner said:
double check me, but the cummins number should be 2830784.

scot

That's correct for the bottom half;)

WAYNES WORLD said:
Have you thought of marketing that cover?????:bow:

I would buy one-------:rockwoot:

WAYNES WORLD

I might be able to...let me check into it!

PRattenbury said:
So where does the hose go running off to?

Down;)

Chris

Back