Breathers?

breathers

Jff24Gordn said:
I have Haisleys 12mm studs, and they cleared just fine with no grinding.

Jff24Gordn,
I appreciate that since I have the same A-1 studs from Haisley.:Cheer:

Andy,
Let me know when you will lend or sell that pretty red one.:thankyou2:

WAYNES WORLD

So, if you have to have a .2 in shorter bolt, wouldn't the valve cover be shorter also??

I have the original ARP studs, and I had to trim the covers and a few of them still hit the cover. Does the breather hole line up with where the stud comes out???? I'm just trying to picture how it would work???

No, it has a recessed hole in the cover, that a newer crush/expansion style seal fills in.

I'm still working on the pricing and availability guys. This is tougher than I thought for some reason. Apparently, no one want to figure out at what amount of parts can I buy at a reduced cost!

Chris

No problem Chris, I just got my pistons back from polydyn, so I probably won't be needing that new breather for at least a month...................or longer:evil

Breathers

I thought I would try to keep this in play.:pop:
Do we have any updates on the breather info?:thankyou2:

WAYNES WORLD

Yeah...sorry, I forgot to update.

My source is out of some of the pieces (Cummins and them fell out, not good), and Cummins won't cut me a deal on buying in quantity, so it'll probably be cheaper to take the part numbers I posted and get them at you local Cummins dealer. Or you could also go to a Case dealer and have them pull the parts from a tractor...the Cummins part numbers might also be good for the Case deal, not sure!

Thanks for the interest, but sorry for dropping the ball!
Chris

WAYNES WORLD said:
Chris,

It was a good effort------:bow:

:thankyou2: WAYNES WORLD

Yeah...thanks :hehe:

I still advise you to go dig one of these things up...even though it's a bit more work on your part, it's worth it!

Chris<---:owned:

So anyone know where I can call and order two of these? I went to the case tractor place today and they are no help. They want a tractor serial number and all. Does anyone have some they can sell?

Also, does anyone know of a better tappet cover than the stock one? Maybe a solid one and then use these vents? What do the engines these covers come from use? Thanks.

Cummins;) Use the part numbers I posted earlier!

The tractors use the same valve covers as our trucks!
Chris

I just tried to order in our parts dept.:doh: & he said that the cover #2830784 is not a good #???

Look on a Maxxum 125 Tractor with the 4.5L Case/Cummins...it should have the valve cover you need!

At least that's what it shows on the parts website for us outsiders...actually it even shows the same part #!

Chris

IT IS THE CORRECT #,I HAD TO CALL OUR CUMMINS DC TO GET THEM TO ADD THE # BEING NO ONE HAD ORDERED IT FROM OUR WAREHOUSE.THEY HAD TO ADD IT TO THE TAPE.GOT ONE COMMING FROM THE MANUFACTURE DIRECT.THE 3935449 RUBBER WASHER/GROMMET I CAN NOT FIGURE OUT WHAT IT IS SO THICK FOR?:blahblah1:

It fits the newer style valve cover...when you tighten it down, it will "squish" down and fill the hole in the new valve cover. A lot better system than the old o-ring on the bolt!

Chris

Can you use it on all the bolts?So I need 2 of them for the new cover?That is the only part we stocked.

The new bolts are shorter...I know Wayne had a machine shop cut his down, I bought new ones!

Yes you need 2...bolt part number should be listed!
Chris

While firmly entrenched and in the zone I trudge along yet working on this..

I have gotten news from one of my sources that some of the covers are in,but,the tops are backordered as are the o-ring gasket.The other shop still has them on national backorder and will let me know when they arrive.It was better news than I have been hearing at least,sheesh.

Also..
I did not cut my valve cover bolts down at all I used the isolators which are available for them.Its a thick black rubber grommett which slides over the valve cover bolt and allows the use of the standard bolt,with no mods neccessary.I will post the CNH parts pages but excuse the quality as when I tried to get them resized to fit they got a tad blurry......Andy

Attachments

• Parts-001a.jpg
    Parts-001a.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 64
  • Parts-002a.jpg
    Parts-002a.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 35
  • Parts-003a.jpg
    Parts-003a.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 41
  • Parts-004a.jpg
    Parts-004a.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 27
The breather it self was on backorder but managed to find one.So the thick insulators are for the long factory bolts?I ordered the shorter ones but have not had a chance to install yet.

Back