Bridge fallen off! wtf!!

06ramcummins

guys have any of you ever seen the bridge fall off of the valve? what caused this and do i need to pull the head now?

Been there...is the rocker missing the piece that contacts the bridge? 4000rpm?

never touch 4k seen a little over 3k the very few times ive been to the track. rocker is there and doesnt seem loose and the valves appear fine.

Worn lifter, bent or broken pushrod, valve lash out of adjustment...the list goes on.

Mine chucked itself at the exact moment I melted 2 pistons. Then when I started it I broke a rocker tip off (after an 8 month rebuild) and it's still down. Different cylinders

See this all of the time. Pushrods are flexing

Last edited:
i havent been able to get into the motor yet but i do have upgrade springs and push rods. i hate when my truck goes down!

It can be other causes, but most likely your pushrods are flexing or your springs are weak.

Little update turns out my cam broke! How the heck does that happen? I'm gonna tear into the motor here within tge next week or two to see what caused this cam to break

If it is one of ours we will be more than happy to take care of you, just fax us a copy of the receipt and we will take a look at the cam and see what happened. Who did you buy it from.

In the past, many people bought "hamilton 181" cams from "dealers" that offered a lower price than what we offered them at. Typically these will be re-grinds or marine cams with a long bolt, or copies of our grind on cheap cores. More or less there are quite a few people out there cashing in on the "hamilton cams" name.

There is no reason you should have a broken cam in that application unless you have a defective core(inclusion), a re-grind that has been roughed up in shipping or dropped at some point, or if you have lost oil pressure or filled your crankcase with fuel. Either one of the last two scenarios will cause the journal to seize in the bore while the front of the cam still turns. THis will snap it in two and there will be signs of galling on one of the journals.

Thanks,

Zach Hamilton

Bought direct from you. Not sure if i even have the reciept. oil pressure is fine, oil level is fine. Dont understand why this happend. Valves, push rods and cam all bought direct from you.

0kay, call Ryan tomorrow and get him to look up the receipt records. With all of the people that have bought cams that were not ours and think they have a Hamilton, verification is a necessary evil. PM me your contact info and I will get with you asap.

Btw what makes you think the cam is broken?

Thanks

Zach

Last edited:
Rockers 1 and 2 move and 3 through 6 don't. Ive spoken with Ryan already just curious as to what caused this to haPpen

Give us a shout when you get the cam out and we will send out a call tag to get it picked up. We will go over it and figure out what went wrong.

Possible causes are listed above.

Zach