broken Billet intermediate shaft.. what do you think?? also smarty problem!

cvr5.9

ok.. so last saturday at left coast diesel's dyno day, i put my truck on the dyno with smarty (tnt) at level 7 with the Torque Management at 3, the Injection Timing at 2, the Rail pressure at 3, and the wastgate off.. the truck did not like the tune for some reason and only hit like 22 psi..(402hp and 860 tq) so i take the truck off the dyno to see what is going on with it.. i put is on level 5 with the wastgate on (stock) and it was fine.. keep in mind i have never put it above level 5 intil today for the dyno, to be safe.. so then i put it to level 8 with the wastegate still on, but now with the boost fooler on.. to see if it was just the level 7 tune was bad.. and yes for some reason my truck would not run good on level 7.. so i was going to put my truck on the dyno one more time.. so everyone said it will be ok so i put the smarty to level 9 with the Torque Management at 4 (wild), the Injection Timing at 2, the Rail pressure at 4 (wild), the wastgate on (stock) but with the boost fooler on, and the Shift defuel set to off.. i drove it around on the street to see if it was a good tune.. WOW tons of power, so a was at a stop light a put the truck in 4wd and lanched the truck at about 22 psi.. and BOOM!!! and me sayin a F word alot.. and now find out i broke the Billet intermediate shaft clean into two parts.. what do you guy think and comments.. no BS please..

thanks, chris

ps: keep in mind i have the stock turbo and Injectors.. so i am maybe at the most 450 to 470ish H.P:what:

DSCF0056.jpg

DSCF0057.jpg

DSCF0064.jpg

DSCF0059.jpg

the part of the shaft broken in side the o.d. and the only # i found on the shaft was 5090

on top of what you think of the shaft.. what do you think of my truck not running right on level 7..

ps; i have ran the wastegate in the off setting on level 3 and 5 before and it was fine and it hit 46psi..

it's always going to be a chain effect,the weakest link is going to be gone. You were also pushing the limits of the tnt with a stock turbo.

This software needs tuning to find the sweet spot for different set up's

The old motto is pay to play. sorry but it will be getting even better so be prepared :rockwoot:

it's always going to be a chain effect,the weakest link is going to be gone. You were also pushing the limits of the tnt with a stock turbo.

This software needs tuning to find the sweet spot for different set up's

The old motto is pay to play. sorry but it will be getting even better so be prepared :rockwoot:

so do you mean the billit shaft is a weak link?? and also what would be a better level for my truck with a stock turbo.. b/c i am going to be drag racing and going to do my first sled pull at J&H event in redding,ca that is why i did the full billit trans so i can get into do the sled pulling and racing.. comments??

what boost did you launch it at ? Even with a stock turbo, you can build enough boost to do that. With TQ on 4, just about every bit of torque is going to the wheels. From what I've seen about Dave, I'd bet he'll take care of it.

I've have many, many boosted launches on my truck and have yet to have a problem. Never were they over 15psi though.

Like Bob said.... playing with the tuning is the only way to find the sweet spot. Once you do :ft:

what boost did you launch it at ? Even with a stock turbo, you can build enough boost to do that. With TQ on 4, just about every bit of torque is going to the wheels. From what I've seen about Dave, I'd bet he'll take care of it.

I've have many, many boosted launches on my truck and have yet to have a problem. Never were they over 15psi though.

Like Bob said.... playing with the tuning is the only way to find the sweet spot. Once you do :ft:

yes is warranty.. and dave is being very good about it.. the boost was like about 20 psi.. or so..

WOW i boost at 20 psi all the time... mainly because when i am at the line 15 psi is when she starts getting ready and at 20 psi it's all i can do to hold it back... let off the brakes and we're outta here

WOW i boost at 20 psi all the time... mainly because when i am at the line 15 psi is when she starts getting ready and at 20 psi it's all i can do to hold it back... let off the brakes and we're outta here

All you really need is to get the turbo lit. Mine will light at about 10 to 12psi. I hold it at 15psi and launch. I can do 1.6 and 1.7 60ft's all day leaving at that psi. The brakes can't handle much more than that as it is.

The more you boost to leave, the more stress you're putting on the trans so, IMO... if you can get decent times leaving at lower boost... you're helping just a little to save the trans.

i have heard of a few Billet intermediate shafts breaking.....some say the stocker is better because it will flex a little compared to a Billet piece.

what should a launch at (boost) at the drag strip.. to be safe but still fast.. b/c in two weeks i am going to J&H event in redding,ca to drag race and sled pull..

All you really need is to get the turbo lit. Mine will light at about 10 to 12psi. I hold it at 15psi and launch. I can do 1.6 and 1.7 60ft's all day leaving at that psi. The brakes can't handle much more than that as it is.

The more you boost to leave, the more stress you're putting on the trans so, IMO... if you can get decent times leaving at lower boost... you're helping just a little to save the trans.

hmm i will giver a try??