Budget 6.70 drag truck build!!

It worked fine before I moved the batt to the rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s why I’m confused by it. Had one size smaller wire too and would still turn fast enough to fire. Unless I shorted out the starter at some point in the process

That’s why I’m confused by it. Had one size smaller wire too and would still turn fast enough to fire. Unless I shorted out the starter at some point in the process

put a jumper with ground on the block and power to the stud on the starter and see if it spins faster. Also, are there any accessories on your belt drive that could be seizing up? There is oil in the engine correct lol?

put a jumper with ground on the block and power to the stud on the starter and see if it spins faster. Also, are there any accessories on your belt drive that could be seizing up? There is oil in the engine correct lol?

Yea. It’s been cranked before. No belt on the truck at all.

What are you using to distribute the 12v to your accessories? Some sort of a distribution block?

What are you using to distribute the 12v to your accessories? Some sort of a distribution block?

Yes. I have a 4 gauge line that runs into the cab and then goes into a distribution block.

Ended up finding the culprit I do believe. Looks to be the starter. I rechecked connections and got it to crank for about 10 seconds but after that the starter would spin the truck over about half a rotation every few seconds. And I realized the copper on the starter was burnt black it was a knockoff refurbed starter so it doesn’t suprize me. It didn’t turn over as smooth as it should even when I first got it. So looks like I’m buying a starter tomorrow

Hopefully that’s the fix for it! Wanna hear it run!

New starter solved all the problems. Worked on rad hoses and cleaned up a bunch of the wiring. Here’s a pic I took of the rad hoses. You can also find a video of me free reving the truck on my Instagram @iride813
22fc7619a6581cac3883cdbdf1fe2f32.jpg

Bad news with the truck yet again. Something isn’t right in the trans. It’s pumping fluid and shifts freely but isn’t engaging into any of the gears. So looks like Im gonna be pulling it back out tomorrow. Thinking it might be a bad pump not creating enough pressure.

Hook up some gauges before you pull the trans! Check pressures in each gear. In my opinion it will be easier to diagnose the issue with the transmission still hooked up the truck. But pulling it out might be better for you ??

Hook up some gauges before you pull the trans! Check pressures in each gear. In my opinion it will be easier to diagnose the issue with the transmission still hooked up the truck. But pulling it out might be better for you ??

It’s not making pressure in any gear not to the accumulator port anyways.

Ended up being a simple issue with the trans and was able to solve it. Should be filling it back with fluid tonight and hopefully some better results! I’m getting antsy to drive this thing already.

Happy to hear it was something easy! Would you mind sharing? Could be something that someone is dealing with as well and could help!

Happy to hear it was something easy! Would you mind sharing? Could be something that someone is dealing with as well and could help!

I somehow got the or valve pushed out of the rooster comb when installing it into the trans. Therefore valvebody thought it was in park the whole time. And that’s why it wouldn’t build pressure

Sorry I haven’t posted any updates. Been cleaning up the garage it was becoming quite the mess. However I Ended up running into more problems on the truck. When I bough the Core trans there were 4 bolts on the trans pan that would barely snug and were stripped. Still would hold good enough to seal all up until I went to put the pan back on so I’m gonna either have to helicoil then or just go up one size bolt and re tap a few holes.

I’ve also been considering chopping the frame and backhalfing the truck before I get to invested in the current setup that I plan to change this winter anyways just not sure if I could get it done in time for rudys. So that’s my biggest worry. I’m trying to have the truck done with plenty of testing before rudys.

Back