build 12v or p-pump 24 valve?

gottacummins

Hey fellas just wanted to get your input on what would make more power in the 2.6 class and what was the best bang for the buck! thanks

24v heads are of course better, but for the work/time/money to convert it? I would build the 12v and get some head work done and your just as well off IMO

What are you currently driving a 12v or 24v? 12v would be easier since you dont have to do the conversion. A good ported 12v head will flow as good as a 24v head and the 12v heads have larger valve stems which is an added plus.

I think it all comes down to money. Id go for a p-pumed 24v! But a ported 24v head will flow more air than any 12v head. Plus its just cool!

I think it all comes down to money. Id go for a p-pumed 24v! But a ported 24v head will flow more air than any 12v head. Plus its just cool!

There are many that will beg to differ with you.

What about putting a 12v head on a 24v motor? What would it take? Is it worth it?

I have both, I have a 12v that is has the bottom end already built and a stock 24 valve, so it would be just the same to build the 12 valve horse power wise? any idea who much hp a 2.6 12v can make?

Go with the 12v for the above mentioned reasons.... Another reason guys over look is a 12v valvetrain is simpler, no bridges or fynky rocker ends to cause problems. Also as mentioned above a good 12v head will outflow a 24v head anyday!

sounds good so i should just build the **** out of my 12 valve? how much horse power are the 12 valves makin in the 2.6 class

Go with the 12v for the above mentioned reasons.... Another reason guys over look is a 12v valvetrain is simpler, no bridges or fynky rocker ends to cause problems. Also as mentioned above a good 12v head will outflow a 24v head anyday!

x2!

sounds good so i should just build the **** out of my 12 valve? how much horse power are the 12 valves makin in the 2.6 class

Who knows...... All the pullers I know either won't dyno or if they do all they do is cry that the dyno is wrong and they know they make a lot more HP than what they just rolled. :doh: