Build It!!!

JamieWood

Blowin' Smoke
Hey all, I'm in the process of tearing down my truck and I think I know what direction I want to go with the mods but i'm always open for suggestions.
I want this motor to push some serious ponys! Time and money is not an object so this will be a complete build from machine time to the little details. Help me decide what products to use, the best pistons, twin set-up, cam, etc.....

This is a 160 12v 94'

BTY this truck will not be a daily driver. :evil

Start with a P pump and the sky is the limit :evil

There are a bunch of folks on here who can give you much more detailed advice.

R & D

If money is no object. I would recommend you get outside the box and break stuff. Then back up until it stays together. Research and develoment.

TURBOWINE said:
the only bad thing money is always a object :Cheer:
at how much money are we looking at, in "Smokem's" list?

i see most of the mods are to hold the power!

i know a guy, where money is NOT an object, he told me to build him a truck with about 15,000 bucks!

he is nothing of a mechanic, he wants a truck thats ready to race, without even popping the hood!

12valve said:

i know a guy, where money is NOT an object, he told me to build him a truck with about 15,000 bucks!

he is nothing of a mechanic, he wants a truck thats ready to race, without even popping the hood!

What trans? If auto then count on at least 6+ thou in that dept. That would be a built trans,converter and controller... The rest would be for fuel and air.

Specifically what is the truck, reg cab, club, quad? year? trans type? 4wd/2wd?:evil

15 thou can get gobbled up fast....

12valve said:

Parts list (made by Smokem) cost aprox: $ 12 000.- (parts only) and it can make more than 800 hp (depends of boost level)
You also need machining, balancing, tuning ...... and some more parts,like :new intercooler, fuel supply .......

You also need good billet tranny : aprox $ 7000.-

:evil

Thanks all,
Another ?, to get the the ball rolling on this build what would be the best pistons to use? I plan on using Industrial Injections "Dragon Flow" injectors along with thier "DF" P-pump so I will need a piston to match the spray pattern of the injectors.

Thanks,
Jw