building a 12 valve! puller only!

gottacummins

Im new to the cummins game but i have been pullin a while, i decided to buy a cummins motor that i want to build to pull! I want to run the 2.6 class, the budget isnt really a main concern right now so i have a idea of what motor mods and turbo i like but you guys know way more then i do so help me out! give me a list of mods that would make the best 12v 2.6 puller! and where to get these parts would be helpful to! thanks

Part of the equation is location. If you have sandy tracks you won't need near the money in the driveline that you would if you had hard biting tracks.

good reading but still have no clue what parts to buy! and is a auto better for pulling then a standard?

will someone tell him because i am curious as well how a good 2.6 truck is set up.

about a 500cc pump with 5000 rpm capabilities
and ett s465 .90 housing
ddp comps or any 5x.016-5x.018 injector (scheid, jl, ect..)
fuel system for sustained pressure (aeromotive, fass, ect...)
good port job, 60lb springs and ti retainers, hardened keepers
cr tappets, good cam (opinions vary pm me for mine)
block stiffner hd rod bolts
coated marine cummins pistons (swain coat gold domes pc9 skirts) fly cut according to cam chosen.

that imo would yield you a competitive 2.6 class motor. very similiar combo in my daily driver except no portwork, 465cc's fuel, and an machined s300 housing on the s400 .80, yielded 621 hp on dunbars dyno at schieds last year

sounds like that will work! i alrady have the charger it just dont have a clue what to do p pump wise

call scheid or columbus, tell them what charger you got and what class you are running in with a few other questions they may ask, and let them build a pump and injectors to match.

depending on what pump you have, just a tune on the stand, rack plug, dv's, and some 5k gsk's will yield you plenty of fuel. my 913 at 17mm rack travel (stock rack plug) yielded 465cc's with a plug you can achieve 21mm but with the 913 plunger youll also retard 4* timing at full rack. the 180 pumps have flat top plungers and dont do this, neither do the 175hp or 16o hp but the 175 & 160 have a slower rate factory cam. but they can still make power but wont run at rpm as well

either way just call doug at scheid in lafayette IN

You running an ETT s465? I thought the only one of the 65 ETT is the titanium wheel.