building a 3.0 puller

gottacummins

Hey fellas i have been throwin around a lot of ideas latly about this build. im still dont know what direction im going. But If i chose to build a 12 valve how compeditive can i be? I really have no clue what parts will get me a awesome running 3.0 truck. So I guess I kinda lookin for a parts list for the baddest 12 valve 3.0 truck i can build. Sould i ballance the rotating assembly? What specs should get in my pump? Im kinda clueless. I have never really built a diesel before just rebuilt them, i have done alot of gas motors though. should i bore the block if so how much? a lot of questions like that!

Thanks for the help anything you can tell me will help

Hey fellas i have been throwin around a lot of ideas latly about this build. im still dont know what direction im going. But If i chose to build a 12 valve how compeditive can i be? I really have no clue what parts will get me a awesome running 3.0 truck. So I guess I kinda lookin for a parts list for the baddest 12 valve 3.0 truck i can build. Sould i ballance the rotating assembly? What specs should get in my pump? Im kinda clueless. I have never really built a diesel before just rebuilt them, i have done alot of gas motors though. should i bore the block if so how much? a lot of questions like that!

Thanks for the help anything you can tell me will help

I don't think a Super Street truck should be your first high peformance build honestly. Their are alot of things that can go wrong and with the $50,000 you will need to spend on the whole thing its not worth cutting any corners. And yes, balancing the rotating assembly is a must. Even on street trucks it is necessary. 13mm ag gov pump, bore doesn't really make any difference but I run 40 over. Be sure you get yourself a very good pump. Don't waste your money on little Freds speed shop and their 13mm pump they do themselves. That is your bread and butter if you ask me.

I really don't think a bad 3.0 truck is something a newbe should build. you really need to know what you are doing to have a "awesome" 3.0 truck and be willing to spend alot of cash. but if you really want one call scheids or haisleys they will hook ya right up. there is alot to one .

I would build a 2.6 truck... Start small and then with some track time and experience then you could always do more pump work, bigger charger.....

I would think that if you are truly ready to go to an all out 3.0 truck, then you wouldn't need to even start this thread. it isn't like it is hard or anything to build one it just takes alot of money .

I wouldn't say that building a successful 3.0 truck is inherently easy either...

i dont have a clue what it would take to be competitive in that class (other than a bunch of fuel, air, and money)

but if i were gonna do it i would first figure out what all i would want in the way of parts

then i would buy which ever truck matches my parts list best

then add or exchange as req

i think thats the way to go

why spend 80k on something that will only be worth 40 as soon as you use it?

look at all the coin you have in those 3 chevy's vs what you could get for em