Building an insane van (long)

Flyin'Brick said:
Best 1/4 -14.156@97.13MPH
Best 1/8 - 8.813@78.23MPH with a 1.898 60' (slics)
Done with suisidal amounts of pane and meth. I'm not proud of it, i just had to stop the :blahblah1: of the owner of the "worlds fastest evvver noonecanbeatme toyota superdupera"
I did:hehe:

LMAO, that's awesome! I'd love to see that sucker goin' down the track!

Flyin'Brick said:
nm50 said:
About 4WD - that was my first tought, but i don't like the increased ride hight... And how much power can the transfer case handle?

I wouldn't worry about height too much. Granted you're in a van so it'd probably be a little different but I've been making tons of passes with 37's and 6 inches of lift with no issues.

As far as the transfer case, although there may be others out there somewhere I've only heard of one person busting the transfer case (unfortunately:doh: :D ). That was after well over 300 track passes and who-knows-how-many non-track passes. Not to mention it was a daily driver that towed some and had over 150,000 miles on it. Most of those passes were in the 550-600rwhp range (and at over 8200lbs). Some were in the 750rwhp range. I'd say it served me pretty well.

Unfortunately i live in Norway (another reason for going 4wd...) and used parts for F-series/Excursion is close to unheard of - to say it atleast...I've searched for 3 years....and new parts is ludicrous exspensive here...
I could of course import the parts from USA (as most of the other parts on my van) only the few ads for driveline parts i've seen on ebay is pick up only - and my arm's just not long enough...lol
I have a budget ($40') and if i spend too much on the drive line (the tranny is allready taken care of) there won't be any juice in the motor...:bang

Uhh.. I'll be danged! Just got hold of a complete drivetrain out of a '01 excursion psd - reasonable price too :woohoo:
Any downsides regarding the axles etc(other than the bolt pattern obviously)? or is it good to go? :pop:

:rockwoot:

what year excursion, dana 50 front axle or 60? think it was 60 after 01 right?

cool dude, 4wd is the way to go!

Flyin'Brick said:
Unfortunately i live in Norway (another reason for going 4wd...) and used parts for F-series/Excursion is close to unheard of - to say it atleast...I've searched for 3 years....and new parts is ludicrous exspensive here...
I could of course import the parts from USA (as most of the other parts on my van) only the few ads for driveline parts i've seen on ebay is pick up only - and my arm's just not long enough...lol
I have a budget ($40') and if i spend too much on the drive line (the tranny is allready taken care of) there won't be any juice in the motor...:bang
Hey Flyin'Brick , you are almost my neighbour :woohoo: , I am from Estonia , its only 700 km away.:poke:

Wich part of Norway you are located? I have been few times in Trysil (snowboarding) :bow:

AsTroSS said:
Hey Flyin'Brick , you are almost my neighbour :woohoo: , I am from Estonia , its only 700 km away.:poke:

Wich part of Norway you are located? I have been few times in Trysil (snowboarding) :bow:

That's funny... I live only 75Km west of Trysil:Cheer: