bullet 66

hunt4food

will a silver bullet 66 be to big for my setup?800-1200ft elevation.

I ran a 66 on my truck for over 2yrs. Made 754hp/1450tq with it. You will have to get more fuel to run it and learn how to drive your truck all over again. Since you mentioned at the other forum you'd like lower egt's.... you probably ought to look into using your stocker in a twin set up. A big single like the 66 in DD traffic can be a problem ( for others ) LOL

You're gonna want at least some 90hp injectors.... 120's would be even better. You'll also need some fueling mods ( either a modded pump or duals )

got my bullet cause the previous owner couldnt work with the turbo, he lived in las vegas, in auto trucks with low fueling this turbno is a pig! love it on my stick truck...

I'd go with the "Better Bullet" from engineered diesel if you're looking for a single.

With 50hp injectors, it's snappy at lower elevatons. Even at 7000ft, the spool up isn't bad -- way better than my previous setup with the bullet.

-jp

got my bullet cause the previous owner couldnt work with the turbo, he lived in las vegas, in auto trucks with low fueling this turbno is a pig! love it on my stick truck...

what I got now is soooooo much better. im done with big singles. I did drive around with the 62/71/13 ss after my bullet was uninstalled and it made good usable power but the top end was the comprimise. Also the bullet doesnt like the hot temps of the southwest states.

would a twin setup with the stocker and a s475 be better?

Twins can be the best of both worlds if cost and competion rules permit. Source automotive has a nice s300/s400 kit if you end up going that route.

-jp

would a twin setup with the stocker and a s475 be better?

my vote is yes, your truck will drive alot better all around than the bullet. I would also look into the whole set up of the 300 over 400 from source if you can swing a little more cash. The kit comes with everything nothing needed.

DSC04394.jpg

pic try

personally i was thinking of going wth industrial 64 whats thoughts on that turbo on a street truck ?

Bullet isn't that bad, but I liked my 64/71-13ss better around town, but the bullet pulls a lot harder up top