Bully dog pmt and six speed high idle

Stealth hotshot

Diesel whiz
Hi guys I have a 07 5.9 and I just bought a picker trailer. My issue is I got the pto put on and had the dealer do the high idle. Now when we put the bully dog back on it will not idle up. So I called bd and they told me nothing they can do. So what I'm asking is what are my options here for high idle with the bully dog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately there are none. The base file that bullydog uses does not have high idle enabled. It means swithcing tuners, but my suggestion is going to efi live. We use base tunes with high idle enabled so there is no issue.

Yeh I was just hoping there would be some sort of aftermarket harness. With that said who is a good efi dealer in Alberta. And I just don't want to spend too much money on this truck. Could I run efi and the pmt for gauges only or am I going to have to get some gauges.

You don't have to have a local efi tuner. They can email you tunes. Also, don't forget you have to ground ecm pin #22.

bully dog will enable high idle on an 06/07 truck

you may need to update your tuner, but before you do, go through the menus and you should find the high idle enable.

I can't imagine it not being an option with the PMT, but you can also borrow a triple dog or an H&S tuner and enable high idle with one of them. I know for a fact that the triple dog does not need to be loaded to the truck to toggle the various TIPM features

This is for phale. Does EFI Live work on the 04 Cummins and if it does will it activate the high idle feature?

I have an early 04 picked it up in Sep 03. I had a tech hook up his electronic equipment and he can see it in the programming but it wasn't hi-lighted were he could do anything. I also have the Smarty 06 and have grounded #22 pin and still no worky. Any other thoughts.

You don't have to have a local efi tuner. They can email you tunes. Also, don't forget you have to ground ecm pin #22.

No need to ground pin 22 it gets a pto light wire goes there. But yes same idea grounds pin 22 in the end.

bully dog will enable high idle on an 06/07 truck

you may need to update your tuner, but before you do, go through the menus and you should find the high idle enable.

I can't imagine it not being an option with the PMT, but you can also borrow a triple dog or an H&S tuner and enable high idle with one of them. I know for a fact that the triple dog does not need to be loaded to the truck to toggle the various TIPM features

As far as I found the bully dog six speed tuning will not run high idle. The way they base there programming is all axx backwards. I just want it to work like my 05 got the pto on and a predator and high idle works fine.

I have an early 04 picked it up in Sep 03. I had a tech hook up his electronic equipment and he can see it in the programming but it wasn't hi-lighted were he could do anything. I also have the Smarty 06 and have grounded #22 pin and still no worky. Any other thoughts.

Manual high idle will only work on early 04s with the new style steering wheel just in case yours is the old style.