Bully Dog Tuner

oldschoolPSD

My Trucks are Obsolete
Hey my buddy just got the Bully Dog Triple Dog tuner for his '06 6 speed Ram. He wants to know what kind of burns there are out there for it. I've heard of the "Crazy Larry" programs, are they any good? I think he's kinda pissed that he can't beat me so he's looking for more out of it.

I think it's gonna take more than just some puppy dog tuner to hang with my old junk though.

Crazy larry

everyone that i know that has ran crazy larry has loved it, they do tell me the tire life greatly decreases however.:evil

make sure you have a upgraded torque converter before using the crazy larry or you will have a tranny that spits tranny fluid... thats what happened to ours...

oldschoolPSD said:
it's a 6 speed... how do the clutches hold up?
ahh not sure about the 6spds i just the know the 06 and older used a piece of **** tranny that dodge just added a od onto and called it a diesel tranny... man if dodge on wasnt so cheap to buy rights on using the allison from gmc

The clutch will need attention with a tune like the Crazy Larry, for milder stuff they seem to hold OK.

Might look at stacking a fuel box such as the Torque Dog on top of that Triple Dog (Crazy Larry version) and see how that works. Or maybe even look to a Dr. Performance Stage II module.
I have e good friend who is running the TD/Dr Perf. (110hp) setup and it it really impressive. But, he also has all of the other nessesary goodies (turbo, fueling upgrade, exhaust, injectors, tranny upgrades)...