Bye bye 44

haz-mat19

It is finally getting to hard to deal with the hard starts, the dieing going into gear,etc. It is in today getting a new pump, the head retorqued and the valves adjusted. Oh well, I guess that when I pay this off I can start saving for the new trans:pop: , It never ends.

Nope, no codes. Just real hard starts when hot, almost won't, and when I put the truck in gear it stalls.

I started having the same problem about 3 weeks after installing my FASS. Hard starts when hot sucks. However, I found that if I didn't have the FASS running when I started the truck, I didn't have any problems. I believe the problem is caused by the fuel metering diaphram moving too far when exposed to low fuel pressure and then cracking. The higher pressure applied to the cracked diaphram by the FASS or other aftermarket lift pump creates the hard starting issue. I'd try unplugging the lift pump from the harness when the engine is hot, and see if you still have the hard starting issue. Mine went away.

Since that was the case on mine, I now have my FASS on an oil pressure switch. It doesn't come on until I have 4psi oil pressure. I've been running this way for over 20k without any issues. Its worth checking if you haven't already taken the truck in, its something you can check for free.
Sean

I had a relay put in that delays the FASS from coming on until the key is released, it helped but it keeps getting harder and harder to start.The stalling realy sucks too. I would rather get it done before I get strainded somewhere.

I hear ya. Yeah, a relay like that seems like it would do the trick if it was just the diaphram.
Sean

New pumps is in, starts like a champ. Seem to pull harder now. Now need to start saving for the trans.

Well the new pump died, must have been a bad one, and the injectors where checked too, they are set alittle high. The new pump in and the injectors are going to be reset tomarrow. Hope this fixes the problems.

That sux Chris...pump wire tapped yet?

Timmy, the truck is still in the shop. I get it back tomarrow. I don't have a wire tap box anymore, I just have the VA for now.