C6 Project.

somss

Jack of All Trades
I know its not a diesel but me and a friend worked our asses off to finish his Vette. Heres a vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ-VCIFjISY

1. FAST 90mm ported Intake
2. Ported 90mm TB
3. 7.450 Chromoly pushrods
4. Mike Norris Catch Can
5. Yella Terra Ultralight rocker arms
6. ASP Pulley
7. Kooks 1 7/8 Headers
8. Kooks 3" offroad X pipe
9. Meziere Polished Electric water pump
10. Katech Tensioner
11. FAST Firewall clearance kit
12. FAST MAP sensor relocation kit
13. FAST Stainless hardware kit
14. FAST LS2 Fuel rail adapter kit
15. Patriot EXTREME Dual Spring kit
16. GM Camshaft replacement kit
17. Taylor 10.4 Wires
18. 02 extensions
19. SBC 160 thermostat
20. Custom Ground Comp XE-R camshaft

How much Hp you getting to the wheels. My brother's c6 sounds real similar but I can't get a clip of it running cause it's having the tranny fixed. A little bit of traction and the broke some hard parts.

I love the C6's.. chevy lost it with the C5's. They're a decent vette but just didn't quite cut it.. the C6 is definitely what a vette is all about. I would love to have one.

sounds great, i love the C6 Z06 and i dont think chevrolet lost it with the C5 either, those cars were a heck of alot better than the C4 except maybe the Zr1 model but the C5 Z06 was mean too, Car sounds great bro congrats on finishing it cant wait to hear a fly by on that one!

Just got done putting a 408 w/ turbo 400 in the gto, cnc ported L92 heads, 11.7:1 comp, big comp bump stick, put 538hp to the rear wheel,691hp on 150 shot of nos. had itto the track wendsday night 10.87 @ 132 on motor only, was told to slow it down (no cage, and irs rear suspension), this was on m/t drag radials.

scot

Attachments

• DSC00861.JPG
    DSC00861.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC00862.JPG
    DSC00862.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 36
Lucky Jeff said:
I love the C6's.. chevy lost it with the C5's. They're a decent vette but just didn't quite cut it.. the C6 is definitely what a vette is all about. I would love to have one.

you're stoned... the C5 was a lightyear car... it jumped lightyears ahead of the C4 (which was a dog to begin with!) NOTHING on this side of the pond could touch it, the C6 is just the furthur evolution

chevy LOST it with the C5's?!?!? so when did they HAVE it exactly? :confused:

Forrest Nearing said:
you're stoned... the C5 was a lightyear car... it jumped lightyears ahead of the C4 (which was a dog to begin with!) NOTHING on this side of the pond could touch it, the C6 is just the furthur evolution

chevy LOST it with the C5's?!?!? so when did they HAVE it exactly? :confused:
dude a viper could walk a c5. but not in the same price bracket though. not much above a vette.

I know this is ricer math, but spend the difference between the C5 and the Viper on mods, and buh-bye-now...

granted, the Viper has a much more unique appeal to it than a vette, but the C5 is no slouch in the looks department. I personally hate the Vipers, they sound like crap and they're very expensive to modify (compared to the LSx)

Certain years of the vipers sound great. The Early and Late models have the "twice pipes".

Couldn't resist. :smirk:

okay...500 hp is not going to walk 450? what was the hp in the c5? I know it wasn't 500 or was it 505 the viper has. I also know the new Z06 will outperform a new viper. I guess since you drive a ford you can't like a dodge and the mustang is nowhere in the viper/Z06 class...so you gotta root for somebody. It's whatever tickles your fancy. If I'm going to spend upwards of 60 grand on a car...I'm getting a viper

2001shrtbedcmns said:
okay...500 hp is not going to walk 450? what was the hp in the c5? I know it wasn't 500 or was it 505 the viper has. I also know the new Z06 will outperform a new viper. I guess since you drive a ford you can't like a dodge and the mustang is nowhere in the viper/Z06 class...so you gotta root for somebody. It's whatever tickles your fancy. If I'm going to spend upwards of 60 grand on a car...I'm getting a viper

it also weighs 300lbs more and is less aerodynamic than the C5 Z06... it may edge it out, but certainly not walk away.

I wouldn't spend $60k on a car... I'd buy a clean C5 FRC and build an engine for it then pocket the rest

oil-burner said:
Just got done putting a 408 w/ turbo 400 in the gto, cnc ported L92 heads, 11.7:1 comp, big comp bump stick, put 538hp to the rear wheel,691hp on 150 shot of nos. had itto the track wendsday night 10.87 @ 132 on motor only, was told to slow it down (no cage, and irs rear suspension), this was on m/t drag radials.

scot
Nice goat oil-burner!

86blackwidow said:
Got Cam? That thing sounds nasty I love cars that make dogs wimper and children run.

Ever see the video of C5 vette nick named the "bubble wrap vette"??

:hump:

Back