C6 Project.

B18B1LS1 said:
A Viper is not going to "walk" a C5 Z06

THANK YOU!!!! jesus has no one ever ridden in a C5 Z06. Walk a vette??:hehe: dont think so.
stock 2002 C5 Z06 12.5 1/4 eta
stock 2002 Viper RT/10 1/4 12.6 eta

2001shrtbedcmns said:
okay...500 hp is not going to walk 450? what was the hp in the c5? I know it wasn't 500 or was it 505 the viper has. I also know the new Z06 will outperform a new viper. I guess since you drive a ford you can't like a dodge and the mustang is nowhere in the viper/Z06 class...so you gotta root for somebody. It's whatever tickles your fancy. If I'm going to spend upwards of 60 grand on a car...I'm getting a viper

alright buddy your getting this all wrong, in 2001 the Z06 was introduced with 385hp in 2002 it went to 405, now the viper in 2002 had 450hp only a 45hp difference, plus the weight issue of the viper, and $60,000 for a viper :hehe: try in the upwards of $90,000. now a Z06 is in the upper 70's. Now on the new viper is in the upper 600hp range where as the new Z06 is 505hp. O and 2003 when they redid the viper it went to 500hp. And Forest has the best idea buy a FRC ( Fixed Roof Coupe ) build engine then pocket the rest.

Last edited:
Okay...you guys win...I'm not going to get in a pissing match...any joe can bolt on parts to a z06

Anyways, for most people who claim they'd take a Viper over a Corvette its b/c they've never driven either one and they are basing it on looks and hp/tq ratings. Sure both cars are fast, but anybody who knows anything about the two will tell you the Viper is 3 times more difficult to drive as fast as a Corvette. The thing is an animal and its exhuasting on most drivers when they push the car hard for any decent amount of time. And its my opinion that many Viper owners shouldn't be driving them.

I could never own a Viper(although I do like them) because the type of people that own/drive Vipers are worlds apart from Vette owners/drivers. Go on viperalley.com and corvetteforum.com and you'll notice the difference right away.

And any joe can bolt on parts to a viper. So whats your point??

Last edited:
CumminsPOWER said:
Anyways, for most people who claim they'd take a Viper over a Corvette its b/c they've never driven either one and they are basing it on looks and hp/tq ratings. Sure both cars are fast, but anybody who knows anything about the two will tell you the Viper is 3 times more difficult to drive as fast as a Corvette. The thing is an animal and its exhuasting on most drivers when they push the car hard for any decent amount of time. And its my opinion that many Viper owners shouldn't be driving them.

I could never own a Viper(although I do like them) because the type of people that own/drive Vipers are worlds apart from Vette owners/drivers. Go on viperalley.com and corvetteforum.com and you'll notice the difference right away.

And any joe can bolt on parts to a viper. So whats your point??

i love vipers but wouldn't own one to drive on the roads, unless it was like a once a month deal... i would buy one to take to a track, that's where they belong... the vette is more civilized (not to mention cheaper)

i persoanhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFxX-_R8m80&mode=related&search=lly like this one better no offense but it think it sounds way meaner.