Cab off plaining

The problem is its about $10,000 more for a 6.4 my must list is leather 4 door 4x4 diesel the rest i am some what open too.just not sure i want to spend $30,000 on a truck that is not proven to last yet.

Well so i have been rethinking things a little. What would you get a 7.3 6.0 or 6.4? I hate to spend $30,000 on a truck but if it will put me ahead on the power end it might pay off in the long run?

If I got a Ford, and the plan was to make power, hands down the 6.4 wins. Itll flat outperform any 7.3 or 6.0 mod-for-mod, and all out potential goes to the 6.4 as well. And you get a better interior, and the exterior has even grown on me and looks pretty good.

if i were u i would say 6.4l as well if you take it and put the 310 spartain tune in with the dpf delite you should have about 500 - 550 rwhp and you would be very happy with it. but if you want the 6.0l they arent as bad as strokethis 07 clames. but you do have to do more to make the same power.

If you think the 03/04 6.0 and the 05+ 6.0 are similar, you'd be way wrong. They changed a LOT of stuff on the motor alone, not to mention the chassis stuff. You'd be hard pressed to find the same parts on an 03 motor as you would an 07 motor.

500hp daily driver is easy actually fora 6.0. 600 is harder, you will need compounds for sure.

What are your plans for the truck and how much are you looking to spend?

7.3 and 6.0 have the same fuel system? Hardly. Sure they're both HUEI, but they're not the same. You wont need big oil on a 6.0. Big oil from a 7.3 wouldn't even run stock 6.0 injectors.

Well i am kinda hanging gears now looki g at 6.4 spend no more then $30,000 on the truck and about $4,000 on motor i want to do a small lift and tires at some point. I figur a spartin and delet/exhaust would run about $3000 and leave me room for a fuel and oil filtering system.

don't forget that a 6.4 is very tight in the engine compartment, and the cab has to come off for just about everythign you do in the engine bay. well maybe not everything but it is ridiculus. they do seam to be reliable, but when they do break its going to be expensive.

I can do everything but machine work so working on them wont be to expensive other then parts.

If you think the 03/04 6.0 and the 05+ 6.0 are similar, you'd be way wrong. They changed a LOT of stuff on the motor alone, not to mention the chassis stuff. You'd be hard pressed to find the same parts on an 03 motor as you would an 07 motor.

500hp daily driver is easy actually fora 6.0. 600 is harder, you will need compounds for sure.

What are your plans for the truck and how much are you looking to spend?

7.3 and 6.0 have the same fuel system? Hardly. Sure they're both HUEI, but they're not the same. You wont need big oil on a 6.0. Big oil from a 7.3 wouldn't even run stock 6.0 injectors.

The parts that got changed are not the biggest issue, the biggest issue is only 10 head bolts per head to hold the head to the block...6.4's are the same.

Back