Calling COMP461!

Gear wrenches don't liked getting hit with a hammer though. The old fashioned combo wrench still has its place. But its getting fewer and farther between those places.

WHY? would you hit a ratcheting wrench with a hammer? Of course its going to break.:bang

I personally use a cheater pipe.

My cornwell ratchet wrenches dont seem to care about gettin hit with a hammer.

My cornwell ratchet wrenches dont seem to care about gettin hit with a hammer.

I am just ASSuming they would break. Never really needed to do it.

Now, I have used a cheater pipe over them without breakage.

I have broke slug wrenches at work hitting them with a hammer, but thats what they are intended for. Thats why I dont do it at home.

BTW,
Revolations is spelled Revelations:doh:

WHY? would you hit a ratcheting wrench with a hammer? Of course its going to break.:bang

I personally use a cheater pipe.

I don't hit a gear wrench with a hammer, I use combo wrenches. A good rap of a hammer on a wrench will break things loose a lot easier than a snipe, especially where a snipe won't fit. The 10mm bolts on the starter come to mind. People struggle getting those out with a ratchet. Combo wrench and a small hammer to break it loose, then they come out with your fingers.

i thought the perpose of the twelve point heads was so you could use the locking ear pieces for some reason the bolts like to back out and those keep them in there. every set of header bolts ive bought over the years has had a set with them.

ted

I don't hit a gear wrench with a hammer, I use combo wrenches. A good rap of a hammer on a wrench will break things loose a lot easier than a snipe, especially where a snipe won't fit. The 10mm bolts on the starter come to mind. People struggle getting those out with a ratchet. Combo wrench and a small hammer to break it loose, then they come out with your fingers.

Yes I agree.
I tought you meant you were using the gear wrenches and a hammer.:badidea: