cam or not to cam thats the question

randyswelding

hi 2nd gen guys im building a 91.5 ve intercooled motor and was wondering when you need to add a cam,mods include super phatshaft 62/71/14 turbo,6x18 sticks,port and polished and 60#valve springs,and o-ringed done to head and for the bottom general rebuild.fuel pump mods afc foot ground off,silver afc spring,old smokey pin,3200 gov spring,and jump 1 tooth on timing,ats exhaust manifold,and 4"exhaust turbo back,air dog 100 fuel system with 3/8"line from tank to pump.this 92 d350 is a work truck/play toy on occasion.my question is when do i need to add a cam to this motor.its not built yet its still in tear down which i got an hour to go.sorry for the long story but thats what i got planned for this motor,thanks 2nd gen guys

Dont bother.. the one in it will do everything you intend to do and more im sure. It will breath further than that #366 spring you have any way. Spend that money some where else or beter yet send it to me.:hehe:
Ryan
P.S. There is a 1st gen section here but it doesnt seem to get much traffic for some reason, much more VE pump talk over at DTR.....JFYI

ya the 1st gen here isnt much goin on and on dtr there sayin both cam and not so i thought id throw it out in the 2nd gen here and gathered what i got and made my desision

Send a PM to Hamilton Diesel in the vendor section. He has some sweet cams and deals on them.

I,ve got 2 cams pulled, 1 is out of a 97 the other out of a 90, the 1st gen cam has alot more opening duration,i think probably alot bettr cam. interested to here from guys who have compared.

i think for now ill stick with the stocker but in the 92s motor ill get a cam in it,hamilton cams said that for towin theyed sugested a 180/210,though i dont know what that is, im sure its the lift (i think)thanks guys