Cam sensor/tach troubles

We have had some of the same issues on some of our 2001-2002 builds. we slotted the holes in the mounting plate and moved the sensor around while the truck was running with someone inside the truck to watch the tach. I have seen them work even without the ECM being externally grounded. On one build, I mean program, we had to adjust the height of the sensor so that it was closer to the cam. I think if you play with the sensor it will probably work.

Thanks a bunch for all the help guys I put in a new CPS and bam the tach works. I just put on the new alternator so I will see if it charges after my permatex for an oil leak dries LOL

Ok I am about ready to set this thing on fire. The tach works flawlesly, The brand new alternator however is still not charging. Seriously what the hell am I missing? I put it all back to the stock way and now it wont charge. I'm gonna try to hook up the external reg again in the morning but my sond Birthday party is going tomorrow since I will be out of town during his real day. If I dont get this figured out by sunday morning early I dont know what the hell I'm gonna do.

I feel like a grade A dumb @$$ once again. It seems to always be the little things like a stupid 140 amp fuse. I cant believe I overlooked that. I'm gonna go grab one in the morning and hopefully it is FINALLY all the way done.

I feel like a grade A dumb @$$ once again. It seems to always be the little things like a stupid 140 amp fuse. I cant believe I overlooked that. I'm gonna go grab one in the morning and hopefully it is FINALLY all the way done.

WHere was that fuse located... just incase I need to check it ;)

WHere was that fuse located... just incase I need to check it ;)

Right inside the fuse box on the wire that comes in from the alt and then right out to the batt. It is held on by 2 phillips head screws.

Can't see the forest for the trees, we have all done it, no biggie.

Jim