Cam sensor

06ramcummins

06ramcummins

cam 2 picture by 06ramcummins - Photobucket

Got a cam sensor code racing yesterday. This is the old sensor put a new one in but the code still comes up!! Should this sensor look like this? If not what the heck does this mean!!??

Maybe the cam gear is walking off the cam? I guess you reset the codes after you replaced the old one?

The cam sensor does nothing for performance, it is just used for diagnostics.

Yes I did reset after the install of the new sensor. The only thing that i notice is when first driving off there seems to be a slight hesistation if i apply light throttle. other than that truck runs fine. I still would like to know how to fix this and what the heck hit the oringinal sensor. something punch a ball point pin size hole on the top of the sensor.

To me it looks like an electrical failure. I guess I would pull the new sensor out and have a look to see if something is hitting it.

I did put the new sensor out and it has no damage at all. What is getting me what hit the old sensor to begin with? You can see in the pic that some hit the old sensor and let a small hole in it.

havent had time to look at my truck but under light acceleration the shifting is becoming irradict from this code and it is getting worse the more i drive. i have a code that says cam sensor communication lost! wtf!