Cam sensor????

cumminalltheway

Well after I installed my cam, the tach will only work for a few minutes. I am pretty sure the quad get its rpm reading from the same sensor. So my question is why does the tach fall to zero and the quad will still read RPMs? All I did was do a cam install and now this. I checked the wiring and plug. Its just really odd to me that the tach would fall and the quad still reads it. Help me out here!!!!:bang

I unplugged the quad and it still dont work. Any other opinions? Does any one know which wire it is in the main harness off the ECM? Today on the way to work it worked for about 4mi.

Try pulling the connector of the ECM and then tighten it back down. Sounds like a loose connector to me.

tried that already to the ecm plug and the cam sensor plug. but the wierd thing is that when the OEM tach falls to zero, the quad is still reading it.

Must be in the dash then. To my knowledge, the ECM takes the sensor info and converts it into CAN data. If the Quad reads, it should be working. Sounds like a lose connection under the dash. Try that.

Ok I pulled the codes and it gave me a P1690. Is it going to be the cam sensor? Even though the quad still reads RPM

Ok I replaced the cam sensor and I am still getting the P0341 and P1690. The tach still dont work. I am stumped on this one.