Cam shaft sensor circuit PROBLEM!!!!

I have a guys truck that may have this wiring issue. I searched earlier and found the same info about wires grounding out. It's throwing codes for IAT, rail pressure sensor, cam sensor, and WIF. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the 5v reference

That sounds like the RP sensor is plugged in backwards... Does it run like crap?

I'm having the same exact problem. I've looked for a chafed wire 3 times and replaced the sensor and the code still comes back. Please let us all know if you figure anything out.

I'm having the same exact problem. I've looked for a chafed wire 3 times and replaced the sensor and the code still comes back. Please let us all know if you figure anything out.

Pull the front cover off and look at the cam gear, check endplay.

Pull the front cover off and look at the cam gear, check endplay.

I had the front cover off when I changed the front crank seal and I didn't actually measure the endplay, but I did check it and it didn't seem excessive.

Wiggle every wire and connector you can find & watch for ohms to start jumping. I've found beer, more beer, swearing and a 5th of Jack helps. If that don't work, go to church, and pick up more beer...

3 years I've battled this P0341, and fixed that SOB, FINALLY!
I ran the checklists, checked cam, oscilloscoped, toner, etc, replaced sensors, pulled every damn wire harness out, tipm, ecm, bench tested every single wire, diesel/weather proof cold-shrink wrapped, loomed and ran everything like Chrysler shoulda done in the 1st place.

I originally found 8 problematic wires and connectors of which half were from the factory. Pulled the wires twice more, and found the dirty b!otch. I can post more info, pics, and a whole book, but here's a summary of what I've found.

Blue/Black pinched from factory between ckp & cmp sensors (thank you Chrysler)
Black/Grey (common ground btw A/C compressor clutch) broken internally at 2nd 90° bend at pulley (thanks idiot engineer)
Wires shorted inside cam connector (thanks Napa)
MAP sensor connector loose & 1 end pins recessed (thanks PO)

The FINALE, C1 #52 Brown/Orange loose in ecm harness pin, which is actually the Crankshaft Ground, but IT'S ALL RELATED THANK YOU CHRYSLER!, wiggle ohm wiggle!:dead-horse-fast2:

I Also found other wires at the ecm harness bundles where they are so poorly protected from debris like rocks corn stalks etc, causing acute problems like P0480, P0483, P1751, P1754, P2122.
Also had ground strap at rear of engine block to driver's side firewall destroyed, but not before it partially severed the 14pin connector between trans and engine. (Not sure whether I think Chrysler or the shop that Georend had drop/reinstall the trans but braided bare wire isn't meant to support wires and connectors).

Yes, I'm still looking for the machete toting minion, and still I won't hold my breath that all is well.

Back