Cam with he351ve

Lol. Do you post pics with a photo bucket??? If so I got plenty of pics and a vid of it running.

null_zps2628ed8e.jpg

null_zps2628ed8e.jpg
null_zps1165c014.jpg
null_zps8121a1f9.jpg
null_zps28cb2dca.jpg
null_zps2b46df0b.jpg
null_zpsbcdea519.jpg
null_zps50a1bbfd.jpg
null_zps07eaa97e.jpg
null_zps93b126a4.jpg

Here ya go guys. Pics of my truck. When I get all my other stuff n I will post up pics of that also.

Ok guys, it's been a few months since I have been on but now my crop is out so I have more time for fun stuff. Lol!!

So I have my truck all together except the drive pressure gauge. I will be putting it on tomorrow along with new front wheel bearings and my steps. Then I'm done except a black tool box which I would already have but I'm getting it for Christmas. After the injectors all I can say is WOW!!! They absolutely brought my truck alive!! I can hit 55psi of boost and then It falls back to a steady 48psi. This is by far the best daily driver setup I have had. The only bad side is it's very smokey without some pedal control thru the gears but it's very manageable. My egts are very easily kept n check while towing just by bumping my edge down a few clicks. I am very satisfied!! I haven't ran it on a dyno or anything but it's very strong. My fuel mileage is not the best. I can average a solid 20mpg on the highway empty, I know it does better sometimes but that seems to be the realalistic average. Loaded grossing 30,000lbs or better (43,763lbs being the most) the mpgs vary a lot. The worst being 8.2 mpg and the best being 16.4. I strongly believe mileage loaded depends on gross wieght and the size of things I pull because of the wind. Also the hills. Any questions feel free to ask.

If you are having smoke issues with the VGT you need to do some tuning, the backpressure gauge will be your best friend there. 15-20 PSI more back than boost makes it super quick to spool. Just go driving around with one of the cheap OBD II bluetooth scanners and your phone set to monitor % throttle and RPM. That way you can tune it in by what the program goes by.

I agree that I need to have my turbo programming tweaked. Do you know of any that has experience running these turbos?? I would like to have it tuned on a dyno like I have done my power strokes before. I had them tuned on a dyno n it made a huge difference. Now I know they can't do much with the engine but in sure they could get the turbo dialed in very well.

I have some experience, ran one for a year and really liked it. On roughly anything over 2PSI you want to keep the bp up at least 10psi higher, on mid range numbers keep it around 15-20 higher, top end you can back it off some. These turbos just like lots of bp to keep them spinning happy. As for dyno? No, I know of no one, one thing I did learn with my truck (which is a stick), towing and empty were completely different animals. What would work great empty flat out sucked balls with a load. Once I had it dialed in with a load it was better empty. Then I could just roll some closure out when cruising to keep the fuel use down.