Camshaft position sensor code?

JohhnyFoxtrot

need a trailer
Well over the last couple (2-3) years my CEL has been on for P0341 CAMSHAFT POSITION SENSOR. So I figured this week was as good as time as any to finally change out sensor. Put the sensor in cleared the codes and started truck up and it comes back on after about 30 seconds. I also noticed that the Crank sensor had the end chipped off when I was under there. I figured just off some weird Cummins voodoo that it was reading wrong and causing the cam sensor to also read wrong. So I changed it out with the seemingly good sensor I took off cam and replaced busted crank sensor. Cleared codes again started truck about 30 seconds into it again its back on. This light started coming on intermittenly I could clear it and it would take a while to come back on. Then one day it just stayed on and would come back on immediately. I thought I read somewhere that larger injectors could have the fuel metering/usauge off for what the cam position was but don't know where I read it. Any help would be great. Thanks

I've had sake problem since day one on my mega. It went away for 1300 miles after I put a new clutch in. The oem dual mass flywheel came out in pieces.

I did break my flex plate in two a couple years ago and I have a Fluid Dampner if any of that would have anything to do with it?

Check the harness down below the oil filter. Pull the wires out of the harness going to the ac. comp. to see if they are good. Had another one time that a guy changed cams and did not get the cam gear on all the way on the new cam and it was walking, it caused this same code.

I have checked all the wires over in that area and looks ok. The gear is bolted on and was all the way on when installed. Is there a way to check it with out taking front of truck apart?

I don't think so. Could possible have a worn thrust plate but that would be a long shot.

Not much help here, but I have the same problem with my 06. I can clear the code and sometimes it will turn the light back on very quickly, or sometimes I won't see it again for a long time. I have changed the Cam PS, but not the Crank PS.