Can a 6.0 be Ran Mechanically?

weazel

5th gear killer
a friend and i were talking the other day about the extra 6.0 engine i have. is there any way to run this thing off of a Ppump style injection pump? also, if it could, how would i need to run the injection lines to the injectors? we were just curious if this would be possible. it would be cool if i could set this extra engine up to run off a ppump and stick it in one of my many project vehicles i have..

Is it possible? Of course!

Will it be a *****? Most likely! LOL

It would definately be cool as hell! I believe member "lubeowner" was working on something like this...

Lubeowner is doing it right now. He hopes to have it running by September IIRC

I havnt kept up with it at all. I sure hope he does! It will be super neat!

I wanna hear it! :rockwoot:

Yea last I heard Lubeowner had like four pumps he was gonna get worked and he had just done a test fit IIRC

It can be done. But why? Technology is your friend. Formula 1 > Nascar.

well the only reason id like to run a mechanical pump is so i could throw the engine in whatever vehicle i have at home, and not have to worry about running 3 different computers just to make the engine run, lol.. kinda like running an old 350 carb engine versus say an ls1.. all you really need is fuel and a little spark to make it run, instead of having to have computer just to fire the injectors..

I heard of a local shop P-pumping a 6.0 by milling out custom heads!? Heard 900hp. Heard a lot of things in my life too, and not sure how much of it I believe.

With enough time and money anything can be done though.

the only thing that gets me is how to hook up the injection pump to the injectors.. how would you run the lines? i would think this would be similar to the 12 valves versus the vp and CR guys.. same concept, just different motors..

Final injector design - TheDieselGarage.com

Here's lubeowner's injector design. It uses the bottom part of the 6L injector then is gutted out and machined to fit a pencil style injector for the P-pump injector lines to connect to. I believe the lines would hafta go through the valve cover tho. Pretty cool setup i think!

Jeremy(lubeowner) is the only one that i know of that has taken this design and setup this far. I wish him the best of luck trying to get this to work. I'd love to see the end result

yes i definetaly would also! could you imagine being able to flow that much fuel to a 6.0? and you wont be held back because of computer crap

I believe there was a Pulling Truck in a Issue of Diesel Power that has a 7.3l PSD Converted to Mechanical Injection

injectors and heads are just the tip of the ice berg. It would be cool to see a mechanical 6.0...

FWIW a mechanical 7.3 should not be any less then 1300 hp or so easily... at least til the block explodes.

and as far as I know there have only been mechanical 7.3 pulling trucks... waiting for someone to put one in a drag truck...

Good luck Jeremy! Love the tilt cab by the way

I believe there was a Pulling Truck in a Issue of Diesel Power that has a 7.3l PSD Converted to Mechanical Injection

There is one around here called double overtime. Its a p pumped 7.3 but i think it cost him like 20k just in head work. i believe he used a pump of one of the old v8 cummins.

Back