Can A Noobie get a tutorial?

CLINT_FX4_TxBoy

New to the Dark Side
Ok guys and gals! Even though it will be awhile, I was wondering if I could get a few tips?

-I know that on my truck I should "launch" in 4-hi. Do I keep it in 4-hi the whole run? Or put it back in 2wd once i launch?
-Im supposed to wind up the turbo right? Hold the break and gas? Build how much boost? 20lbs?
-Do I just go all out throttle from launch to finish?

Another unrelated type ?
-When and If I dyno my truck, what do I do?
Just when they say roll, press the pedal to the floor till they say stop? Or, to a certain RPM? Till the truck blows up? LOL

Thanks guys just lookin for some help here. Its a slow process gettin cash for my truck but my main goal is to build the fastest "street legal" truck I can. Nowhere near where I want to be in fact the only real engine mod I have is exhaust atm but have big plans. Just wanna do my resaerch so when I do have the money I know what Im doin.

Thanks
Clint

launch in 4 hi keep it there spool up to 20 if you got a built trans with billet shafts this has got me into the low 12s

As for drag racing, just leave it in 4 hi,, it wont come out of 4 hi anyways under load. As for boost, I doubt you would be able to hit 20 anyways,, I personally launch at around 15 - 17. Anymore than that and it actually slows me down (tire spin)

as for the dyno, just til they say stop, it happens quick

Hope that helps

Kevin

At alot of dynos, you have the option to let the operator drive your truck. I would advise doing that since they know all the tricks of their dyno.

I agree with that statement. I pretty much allways let the owner of the dyno run it

Kevin

I see so many people that wanna drive their own truck on the dyno, and I just dont understand. Why not let the guy that does it every day do it? Plus, you can video it and watch other things you've been concerned about and whatnot while its running. It just makes sense to me.

Yup, gives me a chance to watch the guages,, see what actually happens

Kevin

I always go by RPM on my truck. I always leave at 2000rpm. Its hard to read boost.

WARNING- Once you go down the track you will be hooked and your pockets will go empty.

Here's a dyno and drag vid for you from inside the truck. I was having the smarty revo low boost on the line prob, so I did not get the RPM's up enough...

I know it gets expensive and addicting! I havent run my truck and Im addicted and im already broke so its really no big deal LOL

But thanks alot for the help! Yall have answered all I got right now. Ill be sure to let yall know if I have any more.

THANKS again,
Clint