Can you Stack H&S and MP-8????

Sancrest

Super Trucker
I have a MP-8 laying around and was thinking of putting on my 6.7 cummins. I have the H&S Black Max on it now. Can you stack them and is there gains by doing so?

You can stack them you will just have to watch your rail psi and egt's they could get out of hand if you aren't careful

I had a mp-8 stacked with my h-s xrt and had it turned all the way down and it spiked my rail psi bad, but I have twin pumps, it would drop below 5 k and spike to 30

Theres a guy around here doing it, and it seems to work. He's running larger nozzles on a stock cp3 so the pressure spikes wouldnt be as violent I wouldnt think. It seems to work well, and its a fast truck to be what it is. He might chime in on this as well.

i ran xrt with a mp8 with my stock cp3 and 90 horse nozzles would hold 28000 psi all day with no spikes probably wouldnt recomend it with stock nozzles but my 90s are for sale but i would deffinitaly recomend a rail psi gauge and the pyro will get HOTT!!!!!!

Thanks for the input. I better hold off until I get a fuel pressure guage. Thanks guys.

i ran xrt with a mp8 with my stock cp3 and 90 horse nozzles would hold 28000 psi all day with no spikes probably wouldnt recomend it with stock nozzles but my 90s are for sale but i would deffinitaly recomend a rail psi gauge and the pyro will get HOTT!!!!!!

90's with a stock turbo??

Oly egt's I see 1700 with just my xrt.

I run mp-8 with an xrt and 100's and stock cp3. Rail psi spikes are not an issue...yet I intend to up the anty with a pump or two this winter, but as for right now its running strong...

i know this thread was about the h&s getting stacked with the mp8 but I have a smarty and Im wanting to know the what you all stack with that. The mp8 is big on the 5.9 is there something else people are using with the 6.7 or still the same setup?. Im running 5in straight, airdog 150, intake, 90hp nossles, headstuds, 66mm silver bullet, and manifold on the way.

Ya actually I have my s67 smarty programed with tnt and a mp 8 stacked it works but I really need to put my upgraded injectors in just haven't made the time to put them in

I have them stacked but I leave the MP8 off when driving around, its not good for injectors to run around town with MP8 on 100% but for a dyno or at the drag strip you will be fine for that short burst.