Carrillo Rod bolts or ARP's?

Runninlean

Say When racing
So hoping to start my new build soon and have a new set of Carrillo rods for it. I also have a new set of ARP rod bolts sitting around. Does anyone know the comparison between the two? Would the ARP's be of any benefit vs the Carrillo bolts.

I have not seen ARP 625 rod bolts.

So that being said they are 2000's..

Carrillo told me there standard bolt torque is 75 ft/lbs. My ARP bolts are 90. Carrillo said they had not seen a issue with their standard boats in the coming draughts but I don't know that first hand

Last edited:
Duhh didn't even think about it but Carrillo bolt is not the same as a standard Cummins rod bolt. :doh:

That part # is specifically made for Carrillo type rods/bolts

300-6701_zps7274d841.png

So ARP makes the standard Carrillo? Or am I reading this wrong?

IF you change rod bolts and change the torques specification you HAVE to have the rod sized checked. When increasing the clamp load it can and does change the bore diameter. The question is do it change it enough to have to be refinished. IMHO I would not run them without checking first, if a change is made.

ARP part #300-6701 are the 625's

Wow, only $615 for a set of (16) from Jegs.....

And I thought billet rods were expensive, at least you get a few pounds of fancy steel to go along with the price tag. ARP 625 super alloy should be listed as a precious metal since it's worth more than it's weight in silver!!! LOL

Wow, only $615 for a set of (16) from Jegs.....

And I thought billet rods were expensive, at least you get a few pounds of fancy steel to go along with the price tag. ARP 625 super alloy should be listed as a precious metal since it's worth more than it's weight in silver!!! LOL

You think that's bad, price their 625+ head studs, and they can't keep the damn things in stock!

Jegs for reference http://www.jegs.com/i/ARP/070/247-4204/10002/-1

Last edited:
This time around I went with the upgraded Carrillo rod bolts. Multiphase Type CARR bolts with a head marking of S7. Specified torque value of 100 ft lbs. My R&R's and Crowers were ARP 625's and only 70 ft lbs. I've never had a rod bolt failure (knock on solid oak) but I sure know how to bend the rod's themselves billet or not. LOL.

Copied from there website:

Carrillo employs fasteners jointly designed by Carrillo. We employ two different materials: H-11 tool steel (220,000 UTS) as well as Multiphase TM (285,000 UTS). All our fasteners employ a patented thread design as well as the highest dimensional integrity in the industry. Each lot is sample tested destructively for both ultimate tensile strength as well as fatigue. - See more at: http://www.cp-carrillo.com/Tech/RodTech/tabid/76/Default.aspx#sthash.fICbUWXy.dpuf

This time around I went with the upgraded Carrillo rod bolts. Multiphase Type CARR bolts with a head marking of S7. Specified torque value of 100 ft lbs. My R&R's and Crowers were ARP 625's and only 70 ft lbs. I've never had a rod bolt failure (knock on solid oak) but I sure know how to bend the rod's themselves billet or not. LOL.

Copied from there website:

Carrillo employs fasteners jointly designed by Carrillo. We employ two different materials: H-11 tool steel (220,000 UTS) as well as Multiphase TM (285,000 UTS). All our fasteners employ a patented thread design as well as the highest dimensional integrity in the industry. Each lot is sample tested destructively for both ultimate tensile strength as well as fatigue. - See more at: http://www.cp-carrillo.com/Tech/RodTech/tabid/76/Default.aspx#sthash.fICbUWXy.dpuf

Unless you are spinning big RPM I wouldn't worry about the upgraded bolt.

Unless you are spinning big RPM I wouldn't worry about the upgraded bolt.

Agree Dan. Increased RPM's and piston weight was top of my list for the decision to upgrade. Then Beans Diesel gave me the no haggle pricing and made my day as usual. ;)

I don't know, he's had some pretty chitty luck lately, i'd say in his case it was worth the extra insurance LOL

:Cheer: You know the deal all to well FMLR. Hopefully its turning around for all of us.

Back