CAT Pulling Team

But I don't think either of those are legal, I thought that NTPA, DHRA and OSTPA all say OEM 1 ton or smaller truck, Stock crankshaft must fit. Not sure exactly but something of that nature.

Jay

or Replica of a oem block ex: cummins, powerstroke, duramax. the engine is perfectly legal in all pulling sanctions.

correct. The Diesel FWD rules have their own rules starting on page 64 of the 2008 NTPA rulebook. which lists the rules that pertain to the diesel class. However, rule number 1 on page 64 states: All normal FWD rules apply with the following additions.

With that being said, the normal FWD rules that pertain to engines are listed on page 62:
letter D number
1. Vehicles are limited to a single automotive-type engine.
Note: Automotive engine is any engine or its replica available in a passenger car. Maximum (8) cylinders. A replica to be considered legal must accept and swing a stock crankshaft.

With that stated, the answer is yes, you can run a billet or aftermarket block in the diesel FWD class as long as it will accept and swing a OEM crankshaft for the engine that it replaces.

or Replica of a oem block ex: cummins, powerstroke, duramax. the engine is perfectly legal in all pulling sanctions.

my bad I forgot to put Replica in there, that's what I was trying to say by stock crank. I read that awhile back when it was annouced that the NTPA was having the diesel truck class. I was just trying to emply that I have never seen a CAT 3116 or 3126 in an OEM 1 ton or smaller truck.

Jay

Can someone please post a video or something when they do run. Looks totally awesome!

I am kinda confuzed here, Says sponsored by Cat but have Challenger everywhere and Lexion? I know it's Cat powered and everything but not owned by Cat? Agco owns the Challenger and CLAAS owns Lexion right? Unless I'm missing something here? Either way truck is looking good and hopefully I can make it to Montgomery City to watch you pull in July.

I am kinda confuzed here, Says sponsored by Cat but have Challenger everywhere and Lexion? I know it's Cat powered and everything but not owned by Cat? Agco owns the Challenger and CLAAS owns Lexion right? Unless I'm missing something here? Either way truck is looking good and hopefully I can make it to Montgomery City to watch you pull in July.

the sponsor is OHIO CAT which sells all of the equipment in it's ag. division.

http://www.ohiocat.com/emsagricultural.html

Jay

Look at Double Overtime.

Depending on the budget and goals, it could be a heavily modified 7.3 hybrid. Whatever it is, it is going to be good.