Caterpillar in a International

One of the joyys of living in AZ,,coldest we get here is 40*,as far as the power i allready know about that. The Cummins ISB is a great engine,its just been done too much. Since i have a unique truck i gotta do a unique swap and Cat fits the bill,i have always wante the low end grunt andd 630lb/ft at 1800 rpm is perfect.

i got the front crossmember out, i need to figure how to get the top of the firewall cut to move the engine back

i figured out how to cut the firewall, i will be using a plasma torch

IMAG0733.jpg

IMAG0732.jpg

IMAG0731.jpg

well i guess i should update this lol

i have changed what axles i want to run (again), i am running CHevy 3500HD 1996-2000 5 lug front 10 lug rear. i got a killer deal deal on them complete :)

That is going to be alot of weight up front for a ifs, I would reconsider that choice.

this is NOT the IFS edition. thus is what was used on the P30 chassis, IE bread trucks, service trucks this is the TRUE 3500 HD leaf sprung on all 4 corners. i would never use IFS, I HATE IFS. THis is what i am going to use

Attachments

• 3500HD.jpg
    3500HD.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 0
It was great meeting you the other night.It is always good to meet a person to put with the name.Did you manage to pick up your axles Friday.
I didn't know it till I went in the house after you left the wife had food made for us.
Have a safe trip back home.

Dale

How funny. But yes i got them. It was great meeting you too

long time no update, here is hte pics of my truck axles as i got them
IMAG0853.jpg

IMAG0852.jpg

IMAG0851.jpg

IMAG0850.jpg

and no that isnt dirt, that is pure RUST from the rust belt, it is being cleaned up. will have more clean pics tomorrow

oops i forgot to add in clean pics
they will follow after this line, i opened the diff cover and i have ha 4.63 gears, i have to get rid of them, lousy economy and my motor wont rev that high.
IMAG0890.jpg

IMAG0889.jpg

IMAG0888.jpg

IMAG0887.jpg

IMAG0886.jpg