CCV reroute

snoboy

I'm doing the CCV reoute on my 21/02 biuld 6.0. I do not have the small plastic box attached to the valve cover like most of the pictures I see. Mi fitting plugs directly into the valve cover. Anyone else have a setup like mine and what procedure did you use then for the reroute. The fitting sure doesn't like to stay in the valve cover worth a darn. Any help on this?

snoboy

umm...21/02? are you from the future? haha. jk. but if you have an 02' then you have a 7.3 and it would look different then the pics you are seeing of the 6.0.

first build 6.0's had the small high pressure oil rails and the oil vapor trap inside the valve cover. late builds had it on the outside of the valve cover to clear the larger hp oil rails. I used a racor filter and an early build valve cover to make a ccv filter. put a an12 fitting into the unused oil fill on the valve cover and put the fill plug into the original vent hole. plumbed the filter with 12an lines and put another 12an fitting in the afe intake tube. drill and safety wire the 12an fitting in the intake tube so the turbo does not eat the nut. BTW this entire system including the afe stg. 2 intake, filter, valve cover and hoses is for sale for $500.00 shipped.

Attachments

• ccv.JPG
    ccv.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_3425.JPG
    IMG_3425.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_3431.JPG
    IMG_3431.JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_3475.JPG
    IMG_3475.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
OK talked with DJ today and he set me straight on the early 6.0 CCVs. I went to NAPA and got a new O ring same diameter but slightly thinner and she plugged right in so reroute complete with the venting going down the left side and terminating just in front of the rear tire using 1" hose.

snoboy