CFM+ 6.0 Intake Elbow:: Smallmouth vs. Largemouth

Lifted94XLT

I'm lookin at gettin a CFM+ Intake elbow for my 6.0 and am kinda stumped between the largemouth version and the smallmouth version..... Their website doesn't say much about the difference and/or benefits between the two, but looks like a huge difference in price as the largemouth version comes with a new intercooler tube and boots to (what I assume) connect the larger opening of the elbow to the intercooler......

Does anyone have either one of these intakes and how do you like them?? also.... anybody know the difference is size and the benefits of the two??

Thanks
--Ryan

I can't access that forum, but which one does he have?? the small or largemouth?? I'm thinkin about just goin with the small mouth b/c of the HUGE price difference, but wanted to make sure I'm not missing out on something incredible with the largemouth.

--ryan

I should be receiving my large mouth in the next couple days. I will report back as soon as I do.

I would greatly appreciate if you did post your findings...... can't wait to find out.

--Ryan

No problem. As soon as I get it I will shoot a few photos and then I will be taking the truck to the dyno probably next Friday. So, hopefully by end of next week, I will have actually hard data on it.

I have an 04 as well. So, this only upgrades the elbow, but removes the butterfly/restriction. Should be good for 10 hp or so I would imagine.

Ok, so, I just got off the phone with them and the intake should ship today.

Elbow arrived today (Large Mouth). I'm planning on putting it on Friday (tomorrow) and I will post some feed back probably Saturday. Kit looks really good and complete. Some other manufactures you have to reuse bolts and get a gasket somewhere else. The CFM+ kit came with everything you need and the instructions (I know who reads the instruction) seem pretty comprehensive. I have torn into my engine quite a few times and the step by step sounds right.

I'm going to be going to the dyno late next week. Should be able to past some real hp numbers then. (that means I have to remove it, test before, then add it, but for you guys, no problem!)

I put the Largemouth on my truck today. Driving around I certainly notice a difference between low to mid range power. When I'm on it, I cannot tell much but that is to be expected with a mod that is around 10 more horsepower when I have over 430 to the ground.

Keep in mind, I have an 04, so there was a butterfly in my elbow that has now been removed. That certainly added to the difference. The additional flow is nice and I have A LOT quicker throttle response.

The dyno is where we will see if there is a difference or not. I cannot wait, hope my transmission holds.

Ok, so I took my truck over to the dyno on Friday and something went wrong. My truck is about 100 hp low and running a little rough. I have an appointment on Wednesday to get it looked at. As soon as I know what's wrong and get it fixed, I will go back to the dyno.

Sorry guys.

Changed a couple things on the truck. I will be dyno'ing the truck Monday. We will see how she does then.

Back