Changing out rails

Ok well it makes since on recovery the now. So I'm thinkin the 5,9 rail and pump are matched theireticly. So if a larger rail is incorparated the cp3 won't keep up as good with the stock rail. Then y not use an 8.3 rail and cp3? I would assume they are matched for flow and recovery time since they are on the same 8.3 engine. If an 8.3 pump can keep up with thev8.3 rail I think it would really keep up better with a 5.9 engine. With mods. Why not go all out and incorparate an 8.3 injection system on a 5.9?

Lemme ask this. What are you trying to achieve by having a bored out rail? Flow? Volume? Pressure? Etc?

ANYTHING THAT WORKS BEST MODS ARE TRIAL AND ERROR AND I GOT PLENTY OF PARTS LAYIN AROUND SO I WILL SEE WHAT WORKS

Ok well it makes since on recovery the now. So I'm thinkin the 5,9 rail and pump are matched theireticly. So if a larger rail is incorparated the cp3 won't keep up as good with the stock rail. Then y not use an 8.3 rail and cp3? I would assume they are matched for flow and recovery time since they are on the same 8.3 engine. If an 8.3 pump can keep up with thev8.3 rail I think it would really keep up better with a 5.9 engine. With mods. Why not go all out and incorparate an 8.3 injection system on a 5.9?

I say give it a shot I'm sure someone has already thought of it and decided against it. Good luck

Woowsers...people need to study up on fluid dynamics.

Fuel is a fluid...not a gas. There is NO compression...volume of the "storage tank" does not effect rate of pressure loss...like a large tank on an air compressor.

There might be some advantages to a larger, smoother, better designed rail...mainly in the reduction of flow based parasitic restiction/friction loss...BUT it is VERY minimal.

Get a bigger badder pump or two.

Woowsers...people need to study up on fluid dynamics.

Fuel is a fluid...not a gas. There is NO compression...volume of the "storage tank" does not effect rate of pressure loss...like a large tank on an air compressor.

There might be some advantages to a larger, smoother, better designed rail...mainly in the reduction of flow based parasitic restiction/friction loss...BUT it is VERY minimal.

Get a bigger badder pump or two.

FUEL IS A FLUID AS AIR IS CONSIDERED A FLUID. FUEL IS COMPRESSIBLE. AND THE AIR IS PUT UNDER PRESSURE JUST AS THE FUEL IS. THE ANALOGY IS OF A VOLUME UNDER PRESSURE IN A FIXED SPACE.

A large rail with a stock pump is not the best idea it will decrease the efficiency of the factory injection system. Why? Well remember when you send the TPS to 100% your computer then starts to open the injectors and FCA. So your pump is creating "X" amount of pressure at the injectors at a given load on the motor. When you demand more fuel that is when the FCA opens larger and allows the pump to start making greater pressure. So if you have a problem draining your rail now it is going to get worse because if you are trying to build and maintain "x" amount of pressure at the injectors your pump is not going to be able to flow the extra fuel to pressurize the larger rail when you already have a maximum output from the pump.
If it was a continous set pressure application the thought of it taking longer to drain a larger cavity would be correct.

Bigger pump makes everything better.

The 5.9 is injection system is NOT dependent on RPMs (or dry side) the wet side is, 5.9 and 6.7 Pumps run at 1/2 engine rpms, no cp3 can produce a constant supply,the modded pumps produce much closer supply BUT are still not constant.The 6.7 is not a cast Piece, it literally needs to be taken apart to mod it correctly.

Last edited:
The 5.9 is injection system is NOT dependent on RPMs (or dry side) the wet side is, 5.9 and 6.7 Pumps run at 1/2 engine rpms, no cp3 can produce a constant supply,the modded pumps produce much closer supply BUT are still not constant.The 6.7 is not a cast Piece, it literally needs to be taken apart to mod it correctly.

So your are saying that a modded pump is not going to supply well enough.

So your are saying that a modded pump is not going to supply well enough.

No, its much better but if demand at lower RPMs is greater than the supply your injectors are going to get hammered, in some case to death.

No, its much better but if demand at lower RPMs is greater than the supply your injectors are going to get hammered, in some case to death.

Alright I will be getting in contact with you soon. After I pick up this CR I love Low End.

ive seen almost 800hp wih the stock rail and twin cp3s on an 05. thats the route id go or one modded pump. sounds the easiest to me, that way everything will bolt up.

Modded rails are more important than just the HP they Produce. I could Post #s of Email similar to this one.
I would like to purchase another one of your rails for my 2004.5 Dodge can you please let me know the availability. I would like the Y(wild)version. My e-mail is, my phone # is . My mailing address is . I am very happy with my last rail I have switched to an MP8 chip which with the stock rail would rattle the injectors because of the pressure. With the modified rail this chip seems to work much better and without taking out an injector/injectors because of the pressure. Great product. Please phone or email me and let me know and i will pay by CC. Thanks, looking forward to hearing from you.
Modded rails will even clam down the most wildest injection systems produce.Injectors are not cheap and the hassle they can produce is not worth the risk of NOT having the modded rail(s).

Modded rails are more important than just the HP they Produce. I could Post #s of Email similar to this one.
I would like to purchase another one of your rails for my 2004.5 Dodge can you please let me know the availability. I would like the Y(wild)version. My e-mail is, my phone # is . My mailing address is . I am very happy with my last rail I have switched to an MP8 chip which with the stock rail would rattle the injectors because of the pressure. With the modified rail this chip seems to work much better and without taking out an injector/injectors because of the pressure. Great product. Please phone or email me and let me know and i will pay by CC. Thanks, looking forward to hearing from you.
Modded rails will even clam down the most wildest injection systems produce.Injectors are not cheap and the hassle they can produce is not worth the risk of NOT having the modded rail(s).
On the web site it says a 60 to 100 horse increase with mods. Now would you get that with a arson lll upgrade?

That was the wild rail horsepower increases. Is there a core charge or do I have to take my rail off and then send it to you and wait?

Show me a 60 to 100 horse gain on the dyno.....

On stock CP3 with Stock Injectors you will see this gain on the Low RPMs, but it adds about 30/60 on Max top..Dynos are not rail friendly, its on the street, track, pull that’s when they will excel. It maybe be that with the new develop CP3s that you may not get much at all on top, but you will get some type of performance gains that you never thought to gain..Most owners will be glad that they have one..

Last edited:
Back