Cheap tow rig which one

ya that would even it out but if it has 4.88s or 5.13s Definitely being changing them out

My 2005 f550 has a 4.88 rear end and gets 8-10 mpg loaded. Just some food for thought. 10 mpg on a good day, a very good day at that. Lol

3.73 seem to be the best for 7.3 highway towing, especialy with a good tow tune, not to mention, its a stock 7.3, you cant beat on that very hard, the trans maybe be beat up though.

i get 13 mpg, GCVWR 21000 lbs.

I had a 450 with 4.88s at work, I think it topped out at about 80. But most hills didn't slow it down much. Why do you need to go faster then 80 towing anyway. Yeah the mileage will take a hit, do what House said, except I would go with 255/85r16s (I am pretty sure 235/85s were the stock size, maybe 215/85s) to get a bit more height without the need for a spacer.

We've got 12 trucks in our fleet and i love dodges. My pulling trucks a dodge and ive got 2 2nd gen dodges. But ive got 4 fords 92, 94, 96, 96, and one of the 96s has 400k miles on it, and the other has 250k. They run awsome and have great power. They can pull about anything we put behind them, and are very reliable. Keep in mind im a dodge fan. But that ford is a deal.

Since your a Dodge guy... And your looking at two trucks that will both give you problems at some point, I would buy the Ford, So when It breaks you can call it a piece of chit and say its a Ford, thats why it broke.

Since your a Dodge guy... And your looking at two trucks that will both give you problems at some point, I would buy the Ford, So when It breaks you can call it a piece of chit and say its a Ford, thats why it broke.

now thats low:poke:...but your right any truck with higher miles that your going to be towing heavy with is bound to break at some time

I would probably go for the ford since it has lower miles on it and hope its been maintained. I see company vehicles on a daily basis and they get the dong ran out of them that would be the drawback of it. but maybe they have records of the maintenance?

Being a Cummins fan, I would still say buy the ferd. Better deal with less miles, more life left before the work is needed. Just my $0.02 worth.

I still havent got pictures of the ford or had a chance to go look at it. Its in Lima OH and Ive been completely swamped at work I might just have to use one of the 50+ trucks from work to pull my truck around.