cheapest way to 600 on #2

satburn said:
This from a guy who's user name is moneymaker? I could have used more expensive injectors and turbo right? Hey, I even threw in the free GSK mod and a free fuel plate, I'm saving money... :hehe:

Thats what my ex wife thinks i am "moneymaker" LOL

Ive got SPS Turbo, Pump from industrial with laser cut dv's, 5gsk, 535cc's. 6x16 injectors from industrial. Big cam. Oringed head. Retainers and keeper from haisley. Just incase that 5000 rpm drops a valve. FASS 1010. Balanced crank, rods, pistons. And im HOPING to make 600hp. Its not a cheap road to get on!

If your not at 600 with your set up than im just going to quit trying

2Tone12V said:
Ive got SPS Turbo, Pump from industrial with laser cut dv's, 5gsk, 535cc's. 6x16 injectors from industrial. Big cam. Oringed head. Retainers and keeper from haisley. Just incase that 5000 rpm drops a valve. FASS 1010. Balanced crank, rods, pistons. And im HOPING to make 600hp. Its not a cheap road to get on!

That should be 5x16 injectors....right! 535 is allot of fuel but I can believe it. The 62 would work but you have Twins fuel, now match that 62 with a fair sized bottom turbo and that would be a killer combo.

Jim

Beat me to it, Jim! That's gonna be one toasty combo. Throw a B2 under there and I see > 600.

Guy's what would be the best turbo to run under my ss62? I would be looking for decent spool and Hp,no towing,oh the truck is a 12 valve..

A standard S400 w 74 pin wheel should work good, spool nice, or S400 w 80mm pin wheel for more top hp, loose a lil spool tho

No the injectors are 6x16's. Runs pretty warm haha. But man is responds like a gas vehicle! I hope next year to get me an s400 for some twins to take care of that heat! Schoust you are full of question on what to get. You ever buy any of this stuff??

Forrest Nearing said:
500+ is so much more fun though

fun yes but $$$$ to run it and keep it going :)

i never said what my HP was because i don't know yet until i complete the truck but as of now i am in the 400+ range

house said:
i want twins so now 800-1000hp is the goal
With that much HP, I hope you have a tire sponsor because that's going to get expensive after a while.

Rob_Bones said:
With that much HP, I hope you have a tire sponsor because that's going to get expensive after a while.
Huh? It's a purpose built puller with an occasional Sunday drive. How'd tires figure into his equation?

moneymaker44 said:
fun yes but $$$$ to run it and keep it going :)

i never said what my HP was because i don't know yet until i complete the truck but as of now i am in the 400+ range

it's really not that bad as long as you don't abuse it... o-rings/studs, some injectors and a turbo, and a clutch

smknram said:
i know my truck has issues that i still havent figured out yet but i have the 435's, zero plate, 4k gsk, modded afc, htt 64ss, 181 dv's and an all billet dtt auto and i only put down 370hp. i know i dont have the full cut dv's but goin by the formulas listed above i should be in the 500hp range. right?

check your fuel pressure?

you need big fp for that much fuel!

ive had fp issues on quite a few 12v's, a thing some ppl dont consider
(ive replaced quiete a few mech lift pumps, first of all test it, and stretch the oveflow valve or someth, clean fuel filters, and then go with a new pump if fp is under 40 i'd say at WOT

------

will 435's really make 600, like mentioned in the first posts? with a stock inj pump just modded on the truck.... (meaning not modded at an inj shop)

Without my aux pump on mine will still hold 15psi fo fuel pressure or so, I'd bet it will still do 550. Does it need more, yes that's why I have an aux system.

I'd like to see just how dirty these 435's are, to me there nothing more than a light honed 370. Where are the pop pressures set at?

Your combo should be at 500-550, with the 370 number I'd say there are some issues to over come.

Jim

Jim Fulmer said:
Without my aux pump on mine will still hold 15psi fo fuel pressure or so, I'd bet it will still do 550. Does it need more, yes that's why I have an aux system.

I'd like to see just how dirty these 435's are, to me there nothing more than a light honed 370. Where are the pop pressures set at?

Your combo should be at 500-550, with the 370 number I'd say there are some issues to over come.

Jim

Jim I have seen them made , and have run them. they are 5x14's