Check Engine Light....P0191

byrdawg

guys and gals, i did my research. ends up being a fuel rail pressure relief valve or something of the sort. anyhow....its a 2006 ram 2500 made in june of 06, it has 1000 miles on it. i hear its just a computer software upgrade issue, but i wanna know exactly what is going on or see something on paper to show the people at the dealership in the morning

well guys.....i went to the dealership this morning. they tried to flash it, but supposedly it wasnt taking the flash. after 2 techs, about 2 hours, the main tech finally asked me to step back away from the bay. for the 2 hours i was there, we were chatting, shooting the ****, and he never had a problem with me being there. then all the sudden he cmes back and asks me to back off a little. im now watching from a distance, and the hood pops up. there are now 2 or three techs around my motor. wade called me from his work and explained to me that they prob want the regional rep to come look at it and see if there was a programmer or not on it. fact is...it has 1000 miles and the only thing ive done is remove the silencer ring...should i be putting this ring back?

byrdawg said:
well guys.....i went to the dealership this morning. they tried to flash it, but supposedly it wasnt taking the flash. after 2 techs, about 2 hours, the main tech finally asked me to step back away from the bay. for the 2 hours i was there, we were chatting, shooting the ****, and he never had a problem with me being there. then all the sudden he cmes back and asks me to back off a little. im now watching from a distance, and the hood pops up. there are now 2 or three techs around my motor. wade called me from his work and explained to me that they prob want the regional rep to come look at it and see if there was a programmer or not on it. fact is...it has 1000 miles and the only thing ive done is remove the silencer ring...should i be putting this ring back?
your good to go joe, let them run there rounds and ack like they know how a diesel works,and they will soon read enough info that will verify there exsistence in the dealership, and fix your truck. :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: