Chevy flatbed on a Dodge?

yjay

I found a flatbed that came off a 1994 GMC diesel and I am wondering how much work it would entail to put it on my 1999 Dodge, specifically frame rail width and mounts. Has anyone here done it? I can weld new mounts on myself if need be.

I run an aluminum Hillsboro flatbed on my '99 Dodge that I was told was originally on a wrecked '05-'10 srw Chevy. (can't recall what year) It fits really well & perfectly covers my 315/75r16's. The headache rack even fits the Dodge body line fairly well. If I had better luck posting pics from my phone I'd show ya. It had no main aluminum channels running lengthwise to mount to the frame, only the sideways channel that forms the bed frame. I hired a welder with a spool gun and picked up some aluminum channel and we got the channel mounted, drilled & bolted to the frame first. Then put the bed on, pulled measurements & double checked them. Then started tacking it down. I had to redo the fuel filler neck stup for the bed but it wasn't bad at all. I think I used/mod'd an older dodge fuel filler neck & popped new l.e.d's in the back. I say if the price is right give it a whirl.

I think I will. I'll just have him measure the frame rail width since it's about 2 hours away. Thanks.