Chinese Heads?????

Diesel Nut

6 Speed 12V
Anyone ever pull the head off and find MADE IN CHINA in the casting????

We are having a battle with one of our vendors over a head that was supposed to be port/polished on the exhaust side and then shipped to the customer. Well, its been on the truck about 6-8 months and he stripped out 2 of the rocker arm bolt in the head. So, he pulled the head and found MADE IN CHINA in the casting.

deleon_08_0493.jpg

Basically, The customer and I are in the position to say that Cummins DID NOT use Chinese heads on North American motors. Anyone know otherwise?

The Vendor claims to have pulled the head off a 99 2500. Now, he also claims there were some issues with the head and he had to send it to another machine shop. The customer mentioned when he received the head that the Port/Polish work looked a little shotty. I think a switch was made at the other machine shop myself, but will never be able to prove that. I really just need to know if anyone else has ever heard of a Cummins with the original head having a China stamp on it.

I have seen quite a few heads for sale cheap- the reason- made in China. I remember one of these heads was ported and down the road an running issue happened on the engine- after a lengthy troubleshooting process- it was discovered that the fuel return passage was breached/cracked.

I tend to stay away from these cheap chinese casted heads as I just don't trust em.

Looks like it was transferred off the head gasket,a few of the new head gaskets I got from cummins say made in china on them.