choosing a turbo

turbo dreams

in college and broke
ok i am shopping in classifieds here and there for a new turbo. truck is a 99 24v auto. this is my daily driver and i do not intend to sled pull or drag race. but i sometimes run it hard on the road. most of the time i baby it but sometimes i need to wind her up. and i tow every now and again and up to about 10k. i am running intake/5"exhaust, edge ez/xzillaraider, gonna buy injectors either rv275's to ddII's. i want a turbo that will tow well. i don't want one that will be more performance minded. i have been following the turbo flow rates thread but i can't decipher any on the info. please tell me about your turbo, how it does daily driving, and towing. recomendations on what you would have gotten different or tried are welcomed. thank you

Look for an HX40 off of an HO model, that's a nice little upgrade for the SO motors with a box annd injectors.

* Use truck to haul tractors and equipment, and daily driver and deer extractor. 230,000miles with STOCK TRANNY.......:aiwebs_029: :aiwebs_029:

next: good towable turbo, small sticks, tranny work, and a wire tapping fueling box.

Ummmmm I think you should really -first look into that tranny work:rockwoot: ..... then:bow: upgrade the performance of your engine......

But I also think a HX-40 or a Super40 are towable, Be sure that the shaft bearings has been modded, :evil I would look at DonM's :bow: Formula 1 line of injectors, you could go with a set of Don's Mach 2.5's and be very happy....:woohoo: :woohoo: LOL

You're gonna have to stay away from turbo's that are known to have surging issues.....

Last edited:
Smokem said:
Depending on how much hp your setup will yield an S300G 57/64 will probably support this level, or you could step up one size and go with an S300 62/64, both are good towing turbos that lack surging issues.

True that yo!:lolly: :lolly: